Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which batteries work best in an old MXR Distortion Plus?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which batteries work best in an old MXR Distortion Plus?

I just bought an old 1978 unit. Was wondering which batteries work the best with these; alkaline, non-alkaline, partially spent, brand new, specific brand names, etc.

Thank you.

I like my 70's distortion plus with a partially spent alkaline. There's a sweet spot where it gets nice and squishy sounding, and when the battery drains a bit more, they can get a nice sputtery thing going.

Comment

'78

Wasn't that before the era of the Alkiline?

Pretty sure it was.... so go down to your local Walmart and pick up there shelf-brand carbon-type 9volt batts. They'll work as the old pedal expects....

and btw, yer (E) Johnson is showing.

Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

Jesus mother****************ing Christ. Get a Godlyke battery clip and a variable voltage adapter.
        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
      X