Blakemore Effects R.O.U.S. Tour Box Thread.

• Members

So, delayed delay's thread about my new pedal sort of turned into an unofficial tour box thread, since people are shipping the prototype amongst themselves, so I figured I should get an official tour box thread up and running. I checked to make sure this thread was alright with Phil before posting it, for the record. smile.gif

First, let me give some details about the pedal! The R.O.U.S., as it has now been dubbed, is based off of the classic Rat circuit, but with some tweaks. I've replaced the standard tone stack with a 3 band EQ, and there is a diode selection switch so you can change how the pedal clips. The prototype that's in the tour box only has two positions on the diode switch: normal Si diodes, and red LEDs. The production model will have a third position to completely remove the clipping diodes. So in the Si position, the pedal has a lot more gain, and gives you that classic Rat sound, but in the LED position, you get a much cleaner, and louder signal. So it's almost like being able to switch between a distortion, and an OD.

Here is the video that delayed delay posted of him testing out the pedal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd1Gst1t4eY

This is the list of people currently in line for the box:

delayed delay
T ned
the AntiHero
papersun
NITROHOLIC
Frankenstrat86
notjonahbutnoah
hangwire
goaway
The Villano Dude
BHz_econo
big_cat
brokenfixed
Urinate Forever

If you'd like added to the list, please send me a PM with your shipping address, e-mail address, and phone number.

Thanks! wave.gif

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by 4nd3h View Post
Canada?
Quote Originally Posted by npfrs View Post
Please?
Sure! I love Canada. The only problem is that I might have to put the Canadians all in a group near the end. It would just be way too expensive to ship the pedal back and forth internationally every few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86 View Post
ooooo I'm in sending pm
Awesome! Thanks, buddy. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory View Post
I think I'd like to compare if to my custom Rat Bastard.

You know, just to see what the differences are! smile.gif
I mean, the differences aren't going to be that huge! You're more than welcome to try, if you'd like, but yours is really quite similar. Maybe a few minor tweaks, and take out the clean blend, and you have this guy. Like I said though, you're more than welcome to try! Just PM me, if you want in. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blakemore Effects

View Post

I mean, the differences aren't going to be that huge! You're more than welcome to try, if you'd like, but yours is really quite similar. Maybe a few minor tweaks, and take out the clean blend, and you have this guy. Like I said though, you're more than welcome to try! Just PM me, if you want in. smile.gif

well, then there's the 2 band EQ I got, while this one's got the three band, right? Plus, I'm interested in how it's changed as your design matured.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by notjonahbutnoah View Post
You could probably make a whole line of pedals with Princess Bride references.

ROUS - Rat

Not To 50! - Booster

Brute Squad - High Gain

Aaaaaaas Yoooooou Wiiiiiiish - Delay

Miracle Max - Comp/EQ

Fire Swamp - Trem

That's all I can think of... it's early. facepalm.gif

i love everything about this post

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RitalinCupcake View Post
I had a ROUS built by 9 pin phoenix a few years back, it is a great name for a rat.

rouse.jpg
Oh no! I'd never heard of this builder before. Was this a one off job, or was this a production model? I'd hate to step on someone's toes... frown.gif

Quote Originally Posted by notjonahbutnoah View Post
You could probably make a whole line of pedals with Princess Bride references.

ROUS - Rat

Not To 50! - Booster

Brute Squad - High Gain

Aaaaaaas Yoooooou Wiiiiiiish - Delay

Miracle Max - Comp/EQ

Fire Swamp - Trem

That's all I can think of... it's early. facepalm.gif
That is awesome. icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by renula View Post
I wish I could do the tourbox, but I'm out of the mainland.
What do you mean? Why couldn't you do it?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Blakemore Effects View Post
Oh no! I'd never heard of this builder before. Was this a one off job, or was this a production model? I'd hate to step on someone's toes... frown.gif

I don't think it's a problem. I'm not sure how many were made but I don't think it was many.

Love all the Princess Bride pedal names.

Archived