Where should I buy some effects and which brand can I choose for?

Joelguitar

• Members

Depends on your budget... me? I hate most boss pedals, and most digitech.. stay away from cheap stuff, (thank me later)... lol.. Moderate priced, look at: hardwire, tc electronic, fulltone, voodoo labs, xotic, bbe, some of mxr's stuff, way huge... anything from Pro guitar shop.... budda, mesa... mad professor, keeley, suhr, wampler.. that should be enough to get you started.. But then again, if your planning on putting any pedals into some line 6 modelling amp or similiar, with a squier, money would be better spent upgrading the amp first, then your guitar! Remember this, cheap guitar into good amp, good sound, good guitar into cheap amp, cheap sound.. just my two cents! :smileyvery-happy:

• Members

Yes. Many brands have specialties and certain types of pedal they are known for. Strymon for example is known for delays reverbs and modulation. Digitech is known mostly for pitch shifters delays and reverbs. Zvex is known for dirt pedals and experimental effects. Boss is known for being pretty good at most types of effect but not very adventurous. EHX is known for also being good at most types of effect but tending to be more quirky than boss (and a lot of other companies). Most of their pedals have a very wide control range.

I agree with getting a nice amplifier first though. Maybe get like a digitech hardwire delay and a dirt pedal of your choice and then just a nice amp that suits your style to begin with.

• Members

I agree with getting a nice amplifier first though. Maybe get like a digitech hardwire delay and a dirt pedal of your choice and then just a nice amp that suits your style to begin with.

the herdwire is a really nice delay for the money. looper, tap tempo, and a bunch of cool delay modes for the none-too steep price tag is a pretty sweet deal.

• Members

I'd suggest you get a concept of what you want to do with effects before you just go buying effects. Listen to a lot of music, and if you hear a sound you want to emulate, find out what you need to achieve that goal. There are a lot of pedals out there for a lot of different tastes and budgets. IMHO, knowing your gear is much more important than having good or even great gear. And that is something that just comes with time.

• Members

V wrote:

Yes. Many brands have specialties and certain types of pedal they are known for. Strymon for example is known for delays reverbs and modulation. Digitech is known mostly for pitch shifters delays and reverbs. Zvex is known for dirt pedals and experimental effects. Boss is known for being pretty good at most types of effect but not very adventurous. EHX is known for also being good at most types of effect but tending to be more quirky than boss (and a lot of other companies). Most of their pedals have a very wide control range.

What about the joyo pedals or mooer pedals???

• Members

thecakeguru wrote:

Depends on your budget... me? I hate most boss pedals, and most digitech.. stay away from cheap stuff, (thank me later)... lol.. Moderate priced, look at: hardwire, tc electronic, fulltone, voodoo labs, xotic, bbe, some of mxr's stuff, way huge... anything from Pro guitar shop.... budda, mesa... mad professor, keeley, suhr, wampler.. that should be enough to get you started.. But then again, if your planning on putting any pedals into some line 6 modelling amp or similiar, with a squier, money would be better spent upgrading the amp first, then your guitar! Remember this, cheap guitar into good amp, good sound, good guitar into cheap amp, cheap sound.. just my two cents! 
:smileyvery-happy:

How about the quality of the JOYO? Mooer? Or maybe Biyang?

Archived