Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss od3 alternative

Title says it all. Need something that sounds similar and don't want to spend a lot of money

sd1 is similar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Why an alternative? There is one on ebay for 60 bucks.

My musicMy band"You can never have too much reverb son - write that down.- Phil Spector

Comment

• V
        V commented
        Editing a comment

I mean...if you need something really really cheap then the Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent OD might be somewhat close but the Boss OD-3 is already pretty affordable (and sounds awesome).

I suggest a used OD-3.

Founding father of the Fulldrive IIth Fairies

Comment

• Agitator
        Agitator commented
        Editing a comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what you're going to find that's as good as an OD-3 and significantly cheaper than a used one. SD-1 is worth a try. Dano CTO-1 is a good suggestion but the used price seems to be the same as that of an OD-3 (i.e. around fifty bucks).

Listen to the negro.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

So I have two boards and the od3 has permanently migrated to my bass board. So not looking for something necessarily cheaper jut don't want to buy another and don't want to spend a ton more

Comment

• thom
          thom commented
          Editing a comment

Cheaper than a used OD-3? You'll probably have to look at chinese biyang/joyo kind of stuff then...Which don't have the reliability and build quality of Boss...

• plaidbeer
          plaidbeer commented
          Editing a comment

This isn't that much more than another OD-3, but I found my Green Rhino on GC's used site for $70. It has a nice bottom end and is pretty versatile. Although I like the OD-3, I haven't missed it since getting the Green Rhino. 

Like I said, it doesn't have to be cheaper. Just want something similiar

Comment

I own the Boss OD-3 and picked up a MXR Custom Badass Modified O.D.. Its a GREAT overdrive, its about the same price and you can tweak it to sound just like the OD-3. Check out some videos of it online.

Comment

Working...
          X