Free plugin alert - Soundtoys Microshift

El Gallo Negro wrote:

Yo, bieke, I just downloaded it and it says that it never expires.  They worded it badly but I believe what they are referring to by "limited time" is that you only have until March 29 to download it.

Correct - it's only available for a limited time, but if you sign up for it during that time, it's non-expiring for you.

I'm pretty sure SoundToys supports RTAS, VST, AU... and possibly AAS? Not sure about that last one. Some of their plugins are TDM, but not the free ones.

Yes, you'll need to sign up and you'll need an iLok for the authorization.

If more people heeded that request, then software copy protection wouldn't be necessary or needed, and hopefully companies would feel that they could discontinue using it. I understand why some do feel the need to use it though. I'm just not as convinced of its effectiveness. It only seems to slow down the hackers, not stop them, and any 12 year old can show you how to get working copies of practically anything online...

• Members

I keep my iLok to my breast like a goddamn newborn baby.  It definitely always feels like a disaster waiting to happen, and I have about six "WHERE THE {censored} IS MY ILOK" scares a day, but ProTools is what I know how to use right now so I'm going with the program (ba dump bump).  There has to be a better way, though.

Archived