NGD! (Vintage Yamaha Content)

highwayone73

• Members

So I'd been GAS-ing for an LP of some sort, then this guy showed up at the shop...

008.jpg

Not a whole lot of info to be had but heres what I know:

'73 or '74 Yamaha SG-30 (according to the interwebz they went to an open book or "W" style headstock in '75)

Pickups are labeled SG-30

All the hardware/pots/electronics, except for the input jack and one of the tuners is original.

Plays and sounds like absolute butter. love.gif

Apparently Santana used to play these things (Really, I have no idea if this is true or not.)

Cosmeticly, He (ive decided that its a tired old man, as opposed to my others which are all sexy young women) is kinda rough, but there is soooooo much mojo in him that it more than makes up for the scratches/knicks/dings.

So, what does HCFX think?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by (^_^) View Post
sexy times

cost ? if you dont mind me asking
$190, I got an awesome deal, despite the cosmetic condition. Seriously he isn't a case queen. Lots of scuffs, scratches ect. Sounds amazing though.

Up until today I had never found and SG that I liked. Something about them just didn't suit me. But this thing is incredibly well balanced and completly broken in. And the pickups are to die for.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by highwayone73 View Post
$190, I got an awesome deal, despite the cosmetic condition. Seriously he isn't a case queen. Lots of scuffs, scratches ect. Sounds amazing though.

Up until today I had never found and SG that I liked. Something about them just didn't suit me. But this thing is incredibly well balanced and completly broken in. And the pickups are to die for.
Excellent price!

• 2 years later...

Archived