Harmony Central Forums
No announcement yet.

The Dark Side of Oz

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side of Oz

Or, if you prefer, The Wizard of Floyd, or Dark Side of the Rainbow. Whatever you call it, I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone put up a YouTube video.

I know that everyone involved says there is nothing to it, and I believe them. Still, a surprising amount of parts seem to work well together.

Nick Mason said DSOTM had nothing to do with The Wizard of Oz, and that instead, it was based on The Sound of Music...  I thought that was brilliant.

Has anyone seen that new WoO prequel? Is it any good?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

there's no place like it,

HCFX ie...

changes come w/ the whether...

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

Dude... I was going to dedicate this thread to you. True story!

Glad you showed up in here first. How have you been doing Riffy?

Believe it or not, first time I saw that was in Frank Zappa's offices on the strip, on the early '80s version of a big screen TV, tripping on acid.  No, Frank wasn't there.

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

were there any giraffes' filled w/whipped cream about...