Going to The San Francisco Bay Area next week...

• Members

Drink outdoors with the bike messengers andn hipsters in the sun (if there is sun) at Zeitgeist.

Cruise the bars and check out the crack-zombies on Polk street.

Have an insanely good comfort-food meal (a little pricey though) at The Front Porch.

Awesome burritos everywhere, but a couple of my favorites are Taqueria Cancun, Taqueria San Jose, and Guadalajara (amazing, but it's way the hell out in the Excelsior).

The Exploratorium is indeed rad.

North Beach has a lot of great food, but the scene is pretty overrun with douche frat types, although it's way worse on the weekends.  Might not affect you too much.

See what shows are going on at various smallish clubs-- Cafe DuNord, Bottom of the Hill, Yoshi's, The Independent, Great American Music Hall.

The Duck Tours are super touristy, but actually a pretty fun way to see {censored}.

All this stuff is pretty spread out, so you'll want to plan your attack if you're cabbing it from the airport.

Have fun, man!

• Members

Thanks guys! I appreciate the insight. Hopefully I will have a little time to see some stuff. I'm going to be there for work, but I should have some free time in the evening to check stuff out. I was hoping to not just spend my free time in the hotel, and hotel bar!

The Exploratorium sounds like its up my alley. Hopefully it doesn't close at 5pm...

• Members

El Gallo Negro wrote:

Drink outdoors with the bike messengers andn hipsters in the sun (if there is sun) at Zeitgeist.

Cruise the bars and check out the crack-zombies on Polk street.

Have an insanely good comfort-food meal (a little pricey though) at The Front Porch.

Awesome burritos everywhere, but a couple of my favorites are Taqueria Cancun, Taqueria San Jose, and Guadalajara (amazing, but it's way the hell out in the Excelsior).

The Exploratorium is indeed rad.

North Beach has a lot of great food, but the scene is pretty overrun with douche frat types, although it's way worse on the weekends.  Might not affect you too much.

See what shows are going on at various smallish clubs-- Cafe DuNord, Bottom of the Hill, Yoshi's, The Independent, Great American Music Hall.

The Duck Tours are super touristy, but actually a pretty fun way to see {censored}.

All this stuff is pretty spread out, so you'll want to plan your attack if you're cabbing it from the airport.

Have fun, man!

Some good suggestions for tourists here, but the Exploratorium has moved out of its old location and has not yet reopened.  

Archived