Guitar Looping #10: Where the Edge meets Jeff Beck

Eezz

• Members

Another one of my weekly guitar looping videos. I got the inspiration for the "Edge" like riff after looking into the infamous TC Electronic 2290. I usually like my delays to sound kind of dark but hearing the 2290 made me wanna go for a really bright and heavily modulated dotted eight note delay using the Nova Delay.

For the solo I grabbed the whammy bar and didn't let go of it:) This kind of Jeff Beck influenced playing is really one of my favourite ways to play on a Strat and the modern style vibrato on mine is really great for it.

Also the way I hooked my gear up is kind of interesting. Instead of going guitar > pedalboard > amps > speaker simulators/mics like I usually do, I hooked it up like this:

guitar > overdrive section of my pedalboard > Vox AC 15 > Koch Loadbox speaker simulator > then back into the timebased section of my pedalboard into the audio interface.

It's like a virtual wet/dry/wet setup, a cool way to play stereo using only one amp. Great for gigs where you can use in ear monitoring.

Archived