If You Could Play Guitar Like ________

Player99

• Members

My "hero" choices would be Lifeson, Gilmour or Angus Young; but believe it or not, I would love to play like the co-guitarist in my band. He never plays a solo exactly the same twice, but he doesn't lose the signature or feel of the meaning either. He always plays what he feels at the moment with the confidence and poise of a pro.

• Members

Good question...

I think that there is something to gain from all of those players...

I have spent almost 40 years just taking their stuff and making a mental dictionary of the best licks, etc. for my reference.

I try to pull whatever licks, etc. out like a gun when my noggin senses the opportunity! 

• Members

My serous answer... I don't know. There were two elements of truth to my previous answer.

1) I wish I had cleaner technique and dexterity, speed, physical reach, cleaner bending techniques.
2) Wish I could play finger style quickly, including crazy tapping techniques like Andy McKee
And to add to that
3) Wish I had that innate musical theory to fretboard knowledge to put all those physical tools to better use.

• Members

I think i attempt to sound like other people but im just not good enuff or too lazy or just know better than to ape someone elses playimg. I try to cop what they do, then fail and what i wind up with is how i sound, but i embellish my interpretation of them with stuff that trips me out .

Im a big Trower fan and he stresses that you can study someone be influenced by them But dont copy them!!!

Archived