Show me your acoustic treatment

ambient

What is the cubic density of the rockwool? Is it 3 lb / Cu. Ft. or 6 lb?

Any particular reason for the 900 mm length / height? Why not 1200 mm? Most ceilings are 8' - at least over here, so two stacked 4' lengths tend to work well together and fill the entire corner. Most designs and plans you'll find - again, at least those done in the USA - tend to be based around 4" x 24" x 48" dimensions - very roughly, 100 x 600 x 1200 mm.

Have you thought about what you are going to use for the frames, stands, and fabric covering material? :)

• Members

The stuff I was planning on getting is 40kg/m3 which google tells me is about 3lbs per cubic foot.

The rockwool comes in a pack of 8 50mmx610mmx905mm sheets. The plan is to double them up and get four traps.

At that length, putting two sets end on end would only get up to the height of the doorway, not the ceiling. And I only plan on getting the one pack to start with, make sure I can actually build the things before putting too much money into it.

I was gonna use the cheapest, lightest 10mmx100mm wood I could find along with whatever fabric I can get that will let air pass but still keep the rockwool secure.

Full height corner traps seems like a good idea though, I'll have to do some more thinking.

Not that it's wholly relevant, here's a drawing of the room I made the other day

Mixing room layout.jpg

That's roughly 11.5'x8'x7.5'

Archived