Stephen Dorff convinced me to quit smoking cigarettes

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

I've smoked for 20 years.  My wife and i have kind of been thinking about quitting, but it's obviously tough.  she bought a starter kit of Blu e-cigs this weekend.  i tried it out--definitely doesn't compare to a real cig, but it might work.  i just am concerned i'll look like a real d-bag smoking a fake cig. 

then i saw an ad for Blu cigs featuring world famous and acclaimed screen actor Stephen Dorff.  You don't get much cooler than Dorff. 

• Members

Good luck on quitting man. Electronic cigarettes never worked for me. Just made it easier to smoke in hotels. I cut back while I was smoking them, but as soon as I stopped, I was back to smoking the real thing just the same as always.

The only thing that worked for me was cold turkey and I never thought I would be that guy who could just quit like that but it turned out to be alot easier than I thought. The key, I think, is those first couple of weeks, and just every moment you want to go grab a cigarette, you force yourself to do something else. Just keep telling yourself the need is temporary, it will get better, and it does. I still dreamed about smoking all the time for the first 6-7 months, but even that fades.

Tron, chill out a bit please. :cop:

Bob, it's not easy to quit, but you'll thank yourself once you've done it. I quit three (or was it four?) years ago this month, and it's one of the best things I ever did. I used Chantix, which definitely helped, but the side effects are brutal. The method you use isn't the important thing really - just find what works for you and do it!

• Members

I quit for 10 years. Then after a good night of drinking or should I say bad night I started again. Friends I had met within those 10 years were freaked out I was smoking. I am glad to say, it's been 2 1/2 years since I smoked. For me, everytime it was cold turkey. The very first time I tried, I smoked cigars which led me back to cigs. I like to say, "A woman got me back to smoking while a different one got me off of it as she wouldn't put up with it."  Good luck breaking the old nasty habit. I remember way back when the excuse I used for not stopping was, "I enjoy smoking."

• Members

I have super bad lung problems/have since I was a child.

In and out of hospital and lots of other shenanigans. They always asked me if I smoked which is a ridiculous idea to me.

Still, now my liver is giving up too so now I'm thinking about hitting up those e-cigs to deal with the stress.

• Members

i quit smoking cigarettes using the crystal meth-od.

once i started meth, i didn't even notice my nicotine cravings anymore.  plus since i blew all my money on meth i couldn't have afforded them anyway.  and children are never a problem on the crystal meth-od because after the first few months you end up selling them all for scientific experiments.

so meth = win,win...win!

#winning #charliesheen

• Members

Yo!

I quit smoking right after Christmas so I would have the holiday break to detox.

I quit beer, cigs, coffee...all at once.

By Jan. 2, I was pretty well ready to get started anew.

After a couple weeks, I tried a couple beers to see if I would want a cigarette...

no problem... even after more than a few beers.

But

As soon as I tried a cup of coffee, I needed to get a ciggy.

I think quitting is all about eliminating "triggers", like the coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived