HNAD - AC15C2 Twin Twelve

iodine74

• Members

Feeling really dumb I didn't buy a Vox earlier... especially being that I've been playing for 25 years, my initial influences were Edge, Pete Buck, Marty Wilson-Piper, and Peter Koppes.

I didn't get to crank it super loud tonight, but it still sounded so nice.  Very nice to have something I can dig into and get some bite without an OD pedal - the Princeton doesn't do that.

77172\_10151600357534274\_1566585999\_n.jpg

• Members

I've been gassing for an AC15C2 ever since I decided it's THE perfect amp for both home noodling and playing out. My AC30C2X was overkill for my living room, and even at rehearsel volumes the tubes were barely awake. Sounded killer with an attenuater and earplugs though:s

Anwway...HNAP!

That's not a bad looking collection of gear my man... not bad at all. Congrats on the new amp.

imbuedblue wrote:

HNAD! The Vox and Princeton will make for a killer stereo rig, if you're into that sort of thing.

That's what I use, and I agree - an AC15 and a Princeton make for a great stereo pair.

• Members

Phil,  Les paul is a Gold Top.  I used to hate Gold Tops, and then somehow Lanois made me dig them.  I'd originally had the 50s Tribute, but when the 60s came out I went for it because of the neck being more comfy to me.  Here's a shot of it.

Les Paul 60s Tribute Studio

So yeah... when I was in 7th grade (86/87) I started wanting to play.  My uncle ended up sending down the Melody Maker and the Princeton for me to see if I'd actually like playing.  Never asked for it back.  MM has mini-hums, a custom guard, Badass bridge and was upgraded to Grover tuners.   A few years later I was visiting my grandparents house and found the Distortion+ in the attic.. my uncle had forgotten he had it.

About 15 years or so ago he found the Guild in his attic.  He'd forgotten he had it.  He's a Nuclear Engineer and so yeah, he's got a couple Taylors, so a lower level Guild... he just didn't feel the need for, so it came back with my parents on a trip they took up there.   It's a mini jumbo i guess.  It's a rounder shape than a dreadnought but not as big a body as a typical jumbo.   It's got this super warm mellow sound when you don't use a pick and the strings are a little old.

That's a really nice looking Les Paul. I like Goldtops, but not to the exclusion of other finishes. Usually the shape and size of the neck is much more important to me than the color. I definitely would want the 60s slim taper neck profile on any Gibson - the larger 50s profile necks aren't very comfortable to play with my short fingers. :o

You need to take a trip and go examine your uncle's attic for yourself. Sounds like it's a potential goldmine of forgotten gear goodies. :D

Archived