Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best reverb pedal for less than $150 used.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best reverb pedal for less than $150 used.

I'm looking for a nice reverb, and more specificly a spring reverb pedal. I'm getting a Fender Excelsior for home practice (twin for live stuff) but ill be needing a reverb. I've been mixing around with styles so one that can do multiple sounds would be nice. But im looking for one that can get that twack and drip sound. Thanks everyone.

some ive been looking at"

Hall of Fame (or trinity) 

Hardwire reverb/supernatral 

Boss FRV-1

check out the spring theory from subdecay as well
    soundcloud.com/nonlocality
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

it's $179 new so i imagine it goes for less than $150 used
      soundcloud.com/nonlocality
      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• evets618
        evets618 commented
        Editing a comment

If you want the sound of a vintage, old school, tube-driven reverb tank, then the FRV-1 is the one. But it is a one trick pony. It does what it does very well, but if you need more versatility, the others might fit the bill better.

I'm using the Hardwire Reverb and the Delay, too, and they seem to work well together, and there's a depth I like. The TC is good, too, but I think I like the Digitech spring sim better.

Modulated reverbs an delays seem to be a flavor-of-the-month, but those sounds never seem to sound as good live in mono as they sound when you're noodling around at home in stereo. YMMV.

I love the spring sound on the RV-7. Sounds pretty close to the reverb on a DRRI or twin to me.

Haven't tried the others though.

My musicMy band"You can never have too much reverb son - write that down.- Phil Spector

Comment

holy grail for sure
        I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

• Faldoe
          Faldoe commented
          Editing a comment
          The nova reverbs go for cheap these days? They were alright.

Working...
      X