What is your DAW of choice?

juri

• Members

Which DAW do you use, what do you use it for and why do you like it?

Second questions, which interface do you use?

Totals So Far:

Logic8
Reaper6
Pro Tools4
Ableton Live3
Acid Pro3
Garageband1
Digital Performer1
MixCraft1
Audacity 1
Studio One1
FL Studio1
Cubase 1
jokosher 1
ardour 1

Interfaces are all over the map

Mbox 24
Focusrite 2i22
Audiobox1
Motu Ultralite1
Delta 661
Art Tube MP preamp1
Presonus 1818VSL1
Apogee Mini-me1

• Members

Reaper

a/i is a gina3 echo after a soundcraft mixer but I have been using the Yahama THR10 a lot lately, even with recording the drums, the "flat" setting works great. I have an audiobox 22vsl that I haven't used yet because that's ll be for my soon to get laptop.

• Members

There needs to be more 'MixCraft' responses in this thread. It's so good and so easy to figure out. I've used Audacity (:lol: those were the days), Garageband, Reaper, MixCraft and Ableton, but MixCraft takes the cake.

Pro Tools HD on both Mac and PC. For me, of all the DAW applications I've tried / used (which includes most of them), it is the best for the type of things I need it to do, and for the way I like to work.

Interfaces? I have a pair of Yamaha digital boards and a multichannel Yamaha firewire interface, a couple of HD interfaces, a couple of Mboxes, a couple of other odds and sods... plus I test and review various things, so there's no telling what may be on hand at any given moment. Right now, in that category, it's a HD Native / Avid Omni setup.

• Members

I am using Cubase 4 LE because it came with my interface. It is kind of what I know so I hav stuck with it I am glad because Stienberg also released Cubasis for the iPad which really rocks. I cant wait to upgrade to Cubase 7 so I can open Cubasis projects in Cubase.

• Members

Logic Pro Studio/Presonus 1818VSL and Apogee Mini-me.

Run all things Apple...Everything is integrated so well and runs flawlessly.  Fun, too, with all the amp and pedal simulations and extensive loop library.

• Members

RnR wrote:

Logic Pro Studio/Presonus 1818VSL and Apogee Mini-me.

Run all things Apple...Everything is integrated so well and runs flawlessly.  Fun, too, with all the amp and pedal simulations and extensive loop library.

+1111

Problem-free, limitless possibility recording systems. What monitors do you use?

seibertdr wrote:

I am using Cubase 4 LE because it came with my interface. It is kind of what I know so I hav stuck with it I am glad because Stienberg also released Cubasis for the iPad which really rocks. I cant wait to upgrade to Cubase 7 so I can open Cubasis projects in Cubase.

I've been thinking of getting a DAW for my iPad Mini. I have Garageband on it, but Auria is really tempting, and quite impressive...  but then Steinberg came out with Cubasis on the iPad, which also looks cool. Do you have it? Any complaints?

The thing I've been having a lot of fun with on the iPad (besides using it as a remote / control surface for PT) is the Korg iPolysix. It's really cool - imagine two Polysix synths, a drum machine, a pair of Kaoss pads, a mixer, and a sequencer. Now imagine it for $30.

It's actually on sale for half price if you hurry...

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id579232173

It's a lot of fun, it sounds good, and it even supports Audiobus, so you can use it with your iPad DAW.

Archived