X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your DAW of choice?

Which DAW do you use, what do you use it for and why do you like it?

Second questions, which interface do you use?

Totals So Far:

Logic8
    Reaper6
    Pro Tools4
    Ableton Live3
    Acid Pro3
    Garageband1
    Digital Performer1
    MixCraft1
    Audacity 1
    Studio One1
    FL Studio1
    Cubase 1
    jokosher 1
    ardour 1

Interfaces are all over the map

Mbox 24
    Focusrite 2i22
    Audiobox1
    Motu Ultralite1
    Delta 661
    Art Tube MP preamp1
    Presonus 1818VSL1
    Apogee Mini-me1

Logic Pro/Mbox 2. They do exactly what I need, so I'll keep using em.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• ambient
      ambient commented
      Editing a comment
      Reaper. Free/cheap, powerful, customizable, updated on the reg.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Digital Performer just because it's what I learned on. I have been using Logic recently though, and like it a lot. I don't really think any DAW is necessarily better than any others. Just pick one and learn how to use it.

Comment

Reaper

a/i is a gina3 echo after a soundcraft mixer but I have been using the Yahama THR10 a lot lately, even with recording the drums, the "flat" setting works great. I have an audiobox 22vsl that I haven't used yet because that's ll be for my soon to get laptop.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

• mth5044
        mth5044 commented
        Editing a comment
        There needs to be more 'MixCraft' responses in this thread. It's so good and so easy to figure out. I've used Audacity (:lol: those were the days), Garageband, Reaper, MixCraft and Ableton, but MixCraft takes the cake.

I use Logic Pro in my home tracking studio but Protools HD when I'm paying for it.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font face="Georgia"><font size="3">Listen to my band's new song &quot;Clover&quot; and download our albums free.</font></font> </font><font face="Georgia"><font size="3"><a target="_blank" href="http://modgun.bandcamp.com">modgun.bandcamp.com</a></font></font><br><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• The EAKLE
        The EAKLE commented
        Editing a comment

Studio One 2, because it came with my audiobox :P

Reaper for more professional stuff, virtual amps, and effects. I use audacity for certain things, but it's not the best for full songs, as we know. Plus reaper has midi and synths.

Comment

• cutlunch
        cutlunch commented
        Editing a comment

repear is good option - don't have much drama with vst opening up

another option http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/ - this can do randomize for any vst and also morph any vst.......imagine using a vst synth for a pad sound and have it randomly change over time...

Pro Tools HD on both Mac and PC. For me, of all the DAW applications I've tried / used (which includes most of them), it is the best for the type of things I need it to do, and for the way I like to work.

Interfaces? I have a pair of Yamaha digital boards and a multichannel Yamaha firewire interface, a couple of HD interfaces, a couple of Mboxes, a couple of other odds and sods... plus I test and review various things, so there's no telling what may be on hand at any given moment. Right now, in that category, it's a HD Native / Avid Omni setup.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I am using Cubase 4 LE because it came with my interface. It is kind of what I know so I hav stuck with it I am glad because Stienberg also released Cubasis for the iPad which really rocks. I cant wait to upgrade to Cubase 7 so I can open Cubasis projects in Cubase.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Mesa Boogie Road King II
        Carvin 2x12 cab
        Egnater Rebel 30 Combo
        Fender FSR Standard Black
        Schecter Hellraiser Black Cherry
        Ibanez RG570 Blue
        Ibanez AR200 Red Wine
        Gretsch G5120 Orange
        Hofner Shorty White
        Musket > Morley Bad Horsie > DynaComp > FullDrive 2 > BBE Green Screamer > EH POG2 > Ernie Ball Volume > Amp
        Loop EFX: Line 6 M9

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
          Phil O'Keefe commented
          Editing a comment

seibertdr wrote:

I am using Cubase 4 LE because it came with my interface. It is kind of what I know so I hav stuck with it I am glad because Stienberg also released Cubasis for the iPad which really rocks. I cant wait to upgrade to Cubase 7 so I can open Cubasis projects in Cubase.

I've been thinking of getting a DAW for my iPad Mini. I have Garageband on it, but Auria is really tempting, and quite impressive...  but then Steinberg came out with Cubasis on the iPad, which also looks cool. Do you have it? Any complaints?

The thing I've been having a lot of fun with on the iPad (besides using it as a remote / control surface for PT) is the Korg iPolysix. It's really cool - imagine two Polysix synths, a drum machine, a pair of Kaoss pads, a mixer, and a sequencer. Now imagine it for $30.

It's actually on sale for half price if you hurry...

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id579232173

It's a lot of fun, it sounds good, and it even supports Audiobus, so you can use it with your iPad DAW.

hah, nice.

Makes me miss the vB polls.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• travisbrowning
          travisbrowning commented
          Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
          hah, nice.

Makes me miss the vB polls.

There aren't polls here anymore?

i use logic and an mbox2 :catDAW:
        nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

• TomVanDeven
          TomVanDeven commented
          Editing a comment

PKTrono wrote:
          i use logic and an mbox2 :catDAW:

YAYAYAYAYYYYY!! TWINS

Logic Pro Studio/Presonus 1818VSL and Apogee Mini-me.

Run all things Apple...Everything is integrated so well and runs flawlessly.  Fun, too, with all the amp and pedal simulations and extensive loop library.

Comment

• AimmarCair
          AimmarCair commented
          Editing a comment
          Have to use Pro Tools.

Want Bitwig.

• TomVanDeven
          TomVanDeven commented
          Editing a comment

RnR wrote:

Logic Pro Studio/Presonus 1818VSL and Apogee Mini-me.

Run all things Apple...Everything is integrated so well and runs flawlessly.  Fun, too, with all the amp and pedal simulations and extensive loop library.

+1111

Problem-free, limitless possibility recording systems. What monitors do you use?

Working...
      X