Reverbs You Like and Why

Shine-ei

• Members

I like the source audio dimension reverb:

dimesn revb

pros: It sounds nice (high resolution) and has a lot of head room, the eq makes it very useable on things other than guitar, such as bass or synth, it also has cool expression options. Also is a very fair price with a sturdy build.

Cons: ugly, and not stereo. 

• Members

i use a midiverb 4. 60+ second decays (if you want), and generally sounds great. has chorus/vibrato, pitch shifting, delays, and cred.
it blends really well with the dry signal and idk. just sounds good.
only complaint is that on the longer decays, it will sometimes clip (which gets run through the reverb as a big washy crackle) even if the input is way down. probably user error, but who knows. anyway, even that can sound cool if you want it to happen

• Members

Fender 1963 6G16 Brownface Vibroverb... is an explanation really needed? If so, then because it sounds like a Fender reverb.

Electro-Harmonix Holiest Grail because the decays can be set for galactic, it has stereo outputs for full aural panorama, and it has an expression pedal input to control the wet/dry ratio. Also, it is uncommon, discontinued, and looks really awesome!

Electro-Harmonix Holier Grail because the gate sounds really cool with drum machines.

Electro-Harmonix Cathedral because the stereo reverse reverb and modulated reverb are really useful and sound delicious, and it has stereo inputs.

Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail (original box) because it is a classic.

• Members

PKTrono wrote:

i use a midiverb 4. 60+ second decays (if you want), and generally sounds great. has chorus/vibrato, pitch shifting, delays, and cred.

it blends really well with the dry signal and idk. just sounds good.

only complaint is that on the longer decays, it will sometimes clip (which gets run through the reverb as a big washy crackle) even if the input is way down. probably user error, but who knows. anyway, even that can sound cool if you want it to happen

Yeah I sold mine to my friend. I should have just got a bypass looper for it (the units bypass noise floor is loud). 

I had an original Spring Chicken that I shouldn't have sold. Great spring reverb.

Chicklet was good but the switch pop was crazy.

Still have my RV-5 (though modded now) on my board. The Hall, Plate and Mod are great. I think it sounds good with a band. I had a HOF briefly but didn't think it sounded good live/in a band.

• Members

For most "straight" playing I use the onboard spring on my Deluxe Reverb. With my AC30, I use a Boss RV-5 because it just works live. But with my big rig--when I'm running a lot of delays--I use a Hall of Fame because I can leave it on all the time and it doesn't get in the way or muddy things up.

For studio use, I like the old Lexicon rack stuff for pretty. One of these days, though, I want to build a spring reverb into an ABS pipe like the Great British Spring, for when I'm in the mood for {censored}ty.

• Members

I've had (in chronological order)

Marshall Reflector- Pretty sweet but ended up selling it because I was a broke ass kid

Holy Stain- Decent verb and the pitch shifting, although it only did up/down a 3rd I think, sounded really good

RV-5- Still my favorite reverb I've played. Mixes amazingly and gives your signal just the right amount of blur

Behringer RV600- Never really got on with this. The cave setting was sweet though.

Holy Grail- OK for a simple, small reverb, but I really hated the dry signal disappearing after 50%.

RV-7- Amazing sounding spring! The reverse is great, the plate is boss, didn't care for the mod as much as the RV-5 though. This is probably my second favorite after the RV-5

• Members

My favorite reverb of all time is definitely the Alesis Quadraverb rackmount unit. It's plate reverbs sing and are so organic and fluid. It's almost like a new kind of effect. When combined with distortion, wow, you got some power to move mountains. And the best part is they're cheap on ebay!

Archived