I need a good rack delay

timrocker

• Members

I have chandler digital echo, can do TZF that can scate u to death, best tzf flange ive heard! Capt beaver has his modded one for sale 4 $ 400.

Funny though im in the market for an nano verb how much the go for??

Tim, what kind of budget are you working with here?

There are lots of rackmount multieffects that work fine as delay units. Does it have to be strictly a "delay", or can it do other things too? For example, I use a SPX900 primarily for early reflections, delays, and dual pitch shifting stuff, and hardly ever use the reverbs, compression, or the modulation effects on it. If all you wanted it for was the delays, it would work fine for that.

What features and capabilities are important to you in a rack delay?

• Members

Thanks Phil, I was hoping to keep it down to around 2-300 used.  What I really need it to do is mimic tape delay.  I'm a little averse to having a unit that has an LED readout or a scrolling menu.  I just like knobs and switches.  I know, it's weird. 

• Members

I think I'm probably alone on this but my favorite all time delay is the Chandler rack mount digital delay. You can get them pretty cheap and they sound awesome. Sounds as good as my TTE to be honest if you want a tape sound.

I have a few of them because they can be found so cheap. The black or white sound great. I don't think I have paid over $200 for any of them.

2012-11-18100827.jpg

Archived