anyone hit up record store day?

• Members

as usual, RSD was a {censored}show, tiny stores packed elbow to elbow with people, almost everything good gone right away and record nerds being dicks ("dammit, this isn't the one that I want! oh, you want this? sorry, changed my mind, I want it now"), but I saw some bands, dug crates and bought some stuff that I wasn't looking for but would eventually have picked up anyways for 25-50% off... anyone else brave the crowds and pick anything up?

I went a little overboard and grabbed:

all three portishead studio albums

NIN - the slip

postal service - give up (three disc reissue)

death grips - the money store

radiohead reissues (ok computer, kid A, amnesiac)

grimes - visions

nada surf - the stars are indifferent to astronomy

jamie lidell - jamie lidell

st. vincent - strange mercy

purity ring - shrines

health - get color

• Members

yeah, spent more than I was planning, but if it was full price it prob. wouldn't have bought any of that. the only RSD release I wanted was the reissue of The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, but I passed on it because it was $35 and all RSD releases WEREN'T on sale. I haven't bought many records recently and those that I have we're directly from the bands either at shows or online, I don't remember when vinyl got so expensive. I'm pretty sure even after shipping from the states into Canada I can get new (not on sale) records for cheaper at online stores with a higher probability of finding what I was looking for.

• Members

distance21 wrote:

I picked up a few alright things for RSD, but the one that mattered the most was the Flaming Lips re-releasing 'Zaireeka' in a boxset. One of the craziest albums i've ever heard, and now I have it in crazy colored vinyl.. yes!!

now you need three more record players, no?

Archived