Cool Analog Delays for Under $100

BG76

• Members

I thought it would be cool to list some neat analog delay pedals for people without a ton of cash to spend.

This morning I scored a Cutec AD-01. It's a really nice sounding delay that flies under the radar. A friend has one and it sounds a lot like my DM-2, but it's a lot cheaper. I got it on Guitar Center's website for $39.99.

108969927_lg_zps8c231242.jpg

The other one I really like is the Tokai, which uses the same chip as the DM-2. I bought this one from Guitar Center's website for $10 a few months ago.

2012-09-30180715.jpg

• Members

Cool. The Cutec and the Tokai both use the MN3005 chip which the Boss DM-2 uses.

There are several others that are identical to the Cutec with a different name on them. Washburn and Stinger (which was Martin IIRC) also sold the Cutec one under their own brands.

Here is (not my pic) a pic of the inside of the Cutec:

cutec_ad-01_002.jpg

Here is (not my pic) a picture of the Washburn model to clarify what I'm saying:

wash1.jpg

• Members

I think those KMD may be made by Pearl ...I find them sometimes....

I had a PSK DL1 which was a copy of a DM3 but a tad noisier and a little lo fi ...very nice

I've had several of those cheap mij analog delays ...tokai was my fave....sounded gr8

KMD had another series with a different housing - I just can't recall if they were before or after the Boss style housings. I think they were the later versions, and the Boss style was earlier, but I'm just not sure anymore. I did have one of the other case style KMD pedals at one point, but it was an overdrive, not a delay. Looked like this:

PS Thanks Bart. :)

Oh, the delay in that housing looked like this:

I didn't care for the switching on those as much.

• Members

The Arion is def a cool pedal. I had their vibrato for a long time and it was really, really cool. For a long time I had their tuner because it was the only stomp box/kill the signal one out there.

Archived