John Frusciante's Pedal Board...

sharkhamill

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i would say thats tone sucking to the extreme. i bet if he posted a video with him using lets say no more then 6 pedals or so, he probably wouldn't have as big of a fan base. a chain that long for one would cover up alot of mistakes. I see no need to use something that big.

• Members

i would say thats tone sucking to the extreme. i bet if he posted a video with him using lets say no more then 6 pedals or so, he probably wouldn't have as big of a fan base. a chain that long for one would cover up alot of mistakes. I see no need to use something that big.

Absolutely false.

That was his board on the Stadium Arcadium tour, on practically every other tour he's done with the Peppers he has only had a couple of basic pedals : DS-2,WH-10,Fuzz,CE-1

Last time he played a show , he used these pedals:

20080904_kathryn_02.jpg

• Members

i'm not saying either way. but lets say if he can't play a pedal board that big can disguise his true playing ability. If he can play a board that big can disguise his true playing abililty. Either way i say its a tone sucker. Might as well be running it into a line 6 spider half stack.

• Members

Absolutely false.

That was his board on the Stadium Arcadium tour, on practically every other tour he's done with the Peppers he has only had a couple of basic pedals : DS-2,WH-10,Fuzz,CE-1

Last time he played a show , he used these pedals:

20080904_kathryn_02.jpg

I wonder what that little orange cricket is next to the DS-2..

• Members

i'm not saying either way. but lets say if he
can't
play a pedal board that big can disguise his true playing ability. If he
can
play a board that big can disguise his true playing abililty. Either way i say its a tone sucker. Might as well be running it into a line 6 spider half stack.

The concept of Buffer's is lost on you...

• Members

I really don't think that Frusciante uses all his effects to cover his mistakes!I don't think there's any doubt about his playing. Anyway he uses such a large board cos in stadium arcadium there are a lot of strange sounds and lot of songs are full of loop or organ-like sounds. Anyway if he's a gear-whore I don'think there's nothing wrong.

Archived