who runs the gearwhore.tumblr????

King Rat

• Members

I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and I want another amp to play with two amps. What amp do you think that would combine with the sound of my Hot Rod? I play New-wave, Postpunk

the hot rod deluxe does niether sound particularly well as its really a blues/garage sounding amp, but its okay because they retain value. See if you can pick up a mesa boogie. it has the smooth cleans and angry dirty channels that those two styles really demand. one combo mesa should be fine. speaking with bobby though he suggests the AC30 or fender twin. 

- Marvin

Huh?

• Members

yeah that advice seems a bit whack... but then again, do they make any claims to know what they are talking about really?

my grife is stolen images/copyright infringement..

several of my photos have had the water mark cropped out then used and now are being whored out all over the shop. I don't want $$ or anything but wtf. it's just not cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

welcome to the internet, anything you put on here will be stolen. I've had content stolen lots, My songs are on grooveshark, free downloadable off non affiliated sites, etc... I didn't put em there, not a whole lot I can do about it. I don't really care either, but I can see why you're mad as he's removed your watermarks.... that's pretty grease when someone else takes credit for your work. 

You can either:

1. Make a big deal out of it, spend a bunch of time and effort trying to get some sort of compinsation with minimal to no result. (none that are worth the time)

2. Send the guy a message and ask him to either take them down or simply give you credit for photos (which is probably the best rout). I would personally say, you can use them but leave my watermark on them. That way you get free advertising. 

3. Be happy your content is good enough so that someone else finds this much value in it and don't take it too personally. Internet one giant lost and found bin for digital content, anyone's gunna grab something good. 

Archived