Chicago people. I'm lazy and I'll be there next week.-- Gimme food(places)

• Members

So I'm lazy and don't feel like researching it. Thought I'd throw it out to you folk

I'll be in chicago next Thursday-Sunday to film for work.

I got my per diem and I'm trynaaa eat.

I've never been to chicago.

I'm not sure exactly what neighborhood I'll be staying in yet, but public transportation based would definitely be best.

I'll be at the convention all day, so I'm looking for mainly night friendly locations, bars, restaurants, food stands, etc.

Suggestions?

Also don't they die the river green that weekend too? What's up with that?

• Members

Also don't they die the river green that weekend too? What's up with that?

Chicago on St. Patrick's is one of the most beautifully epic cluster{censored}s God saw fit to put on this earth.

That said, I have no idea where to eat. I'm not in charge of that when I go there. Therefore, bump. :idk:

• Members

deep dish pizza is I guess a thing you can eat... I'm devoted to NY/NJ style though... YMMV

I like the cheesesteaks at Philly's Best... one was right outside my graduate school housing in Evanston

Dixie Kitchen in Evanston had great breakfast

• Members

Not to hyjack ^ but I agree if by the analogy it is something that is never a's good a's it seems... Too me it is all out of proportion taste wise ... Too much cheese, "crust", and the veggies dong seem to meld into the whole thing... It's like an unmade fondue with sauce on it :idk:

Again ymmv

• Members

Not to hyjack ^ but I agree if by the analogy it is something that is never a's good a's it seems... Too me it is all out of proportion taste wise ... Too much cheese, "crust", and the veggies dong seem to meld into the whole thing... It's like an unmade fondue with sauce on it
:idk:

Again ymmv

No, the idea is that it's something you do only when someone is visiting from out of town (like the thread starter).

I usually have one deep dish pizza every year... either Giordanos, Genos, Malnatis or Barone's. They're really tasty, but I only ever get them when my brother is visiting in from Denver. Tasty, but not something that most people eat often. 99% of the time, some standard thin crust gets the nod.

• Members

Whoa-- cool responses so far.

I'm definitely taking a ride on the deep dish ferris wheel.

I'm all about NYC style, but I'm never had authentic Chicago, So i'll eat it while there, while drunk and while not drunk, and try to formulate a conclusion.

I'll be at the C2E2 convention filming, it's at Mcormick Place west building, I think there's a hotel build onto/right next to that place? I think we're staying there, if not we're staying somewhere really close to that.

• Members

Chicago Pizza and Grinder Co. Ask for a Pizza Pot Pie. Best damn thing I've ever ate. Hot Dougs is the best hot dogs in the {censored}ing world. Simple. Giordanos is the best pizza with multiple locations, {censored} Gino's.

Transport? You can get some small use cards for the Red Line and the Blue line but honestly just {censored}ing cab it. Cabs aren't that expensive. Worth it.

The Alley has the best shopping in town for random anything.

Anything else?

Archived