Powering pedals question (Joyo JP-02)

• Members

The story: I just got two cheap Joyo JP-02 power supplies so I can finally get rid of ye olde daisy chaine and its noises, but I read in an Ultimate Guitar review (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/joyo/jp-02_power_supply_2/index.html) that since it's not truly isolated, powering certain effects won't work: "Like a lot of affordable power supplies it does not have isolated grounds! That means you can not use your Vintage positive ground effects, without destroying your effects and/or power supply (No: that has nothing to do with positive or negative center connectors)."

And now I wonder - are any of my effects ground positive? Where can I look it up?

This is what's on my board:

Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor ->

Vox V847A Wah

Seppuku Mind Warp

MXR Phase 90

MI Audio Boost N' Buff

Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion

MXR Distortion+

Nine of Swords Funeral Party (fuzz, probably a clone but I don't know which one)

Nine of Swords Tyrant (D*A*M Meathead clone)

Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh

Boss GE-7 Graphic Equalizer

-> Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor

Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy

Boss TR-2 Tremolo

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai

Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb

Note that I've run them with the daisy chain (a Godlyke Power-All) without any problems, so my guess is it shouldn't be a problem now either, but I just want to make sure since I'm a complete n00b at all things natural science.

• Members

really should have gotten a PP2+ There are some things to cheap out on and somethings not to. A good PS is one you shouldn't. The Joyo like the DC power brick is just a glorified daisy chain, they're not isolated, like the PP2.

And you have lots of pedals. When I had more pedals on my board than the PP2+ could power, I'd use a 1 Spot with a daisy chain plugged into the accesory outlet on the PP2+

Archived