DOD FX-10 (BIFET PREAMP)

• Members

I am a rhythm guy. All of my tones are set up for that, pretty much, with pretty even volumes throughout the clean-OD-Dist range. There are a few (very few) times in our set that I'll actually play a lick that might count as a 'lead'... 

The 'More Drive' option on my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III dumps more gain INTO the preamp, so it's not really the best option for a boost, because it changes the sound, too. 

I'm notoriously cheap. When I was looking at the options for boost pedals, I was pretty shocked to see that they are no cheaper than the boutique pedals that are out there, and there are a ton of boost options... 

It occured to me yesterday that I have a DOD BIFET preamp pedal in my bag of tricks. I use it for when I play my Martin acoustic, which has only a peizo pickup and no EQ. It helps to smooth out the sound through PA systems. I rarely play the Martin outside of the house now (as I have a very nice Garrison that has an EQ) so i decided to try it out as a boost. 

It has plenty of volume that it can boost, that is for sure! With the TONE knob, I can also dial it in a bit so that leads have more body along with volume. 

Would you recommend running it at the end of my pedalboard chain or in the loop? I do have a delay pedal, which is currently last in line in the PB chain. How would you run this setup?

Guitar - Compressor - OD - Dist - Delay - Boost - amp

your help is greatly appreciated!

• Members

FX-10 sounds more transparant than a Klon

I've had a FX-10 for 12 years or so, use it for acoustic with a soundhole pickup

only tried a Klon for the first time recently, it was OK as well

but after reading and hearing so much about it, it expected more of it

FX-10, I did not expect much of it, but it works great (for that acustic thing)

never thought of using it as a boost for electric

• Members

usually    ,   edited....  BUT   these Gents especially Dr Hangdrew are FAR BEYOND "LIKING" DOD STUFF.  Hangdrew foams at the mouth for DOD stuff , this display would probably leave the store with dr drew. 

• Members

It's hard to imagine a half rate troll would know chat nicknames yet be totally off on the limited dod pedals I like.... It's like robo took a spill off his trike and is recovering from head trauma with the forum open in front of him.... No robo wouldn't be this dumb even then...

:wave:

New trolls for an improved hcfx

Archived