For Melx, and any other freaks

• Members

i did it with my sansamps and am really surprised. sounds great. i'll try it again with the guitar plugged in.
re: low noise floor, i have the benefit of being able to crank the preamp input gain as well as my headphones

• Members

i tried it on my HRD and got the same deal as IRG actually.

turning up the bass knob just increased white noise evenly across the knob. nothing stood out.

with the sansamps, i basically turned up the knob until i heard a difference. i ended up with some really

nice/full clean settings that worked well with dirt (the fuzz factory now sounds pretty good into the liverpool,

and before it sounded like a buzzy disaster).

so, idk. it's fun to try though. obviously, set the knobs to get the sound you want/need.

still, i didn't like the liverpool that much until trying this.

• Members

EQing an amp based on pot taper is something that really only works with Fender Blackface-style tonestacks IME. If you roll off the Treble and Bass Controls on a Deluxe Reverb, for example, and turn up the volume, you will get no output signal. The tone controls work like volume controls for that particular EQ range. But take something like a Vox AC30 Top Boost and you still get output with the Treble and Bass completely off. The pot taper trick does not work because there isn't that sudden jump in the taper where things come alive. Modern Fenders like the Blues Jr and Hot Rod Deluxe do not have Blackface-style tonestacks, so the taper trick doesn't work.

Nice vids, BTW, goodhonk.

Archived