Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I want a Fender silverface Vibrolux or a Super Reverb [reissue, silverface, or 60s blackface)?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I want a Fender silverface Vibrolux or a Super Reverb [reissue, silverface, or 60s blackface)?

5 watt difference

2 more 10s

right now i could get an early 70 vibrolux or a 64 - 69 [cant exactly remember] blackface super reverb for about the same price [vibro cheaper] ... or look for a cheaper reissue super reverb or a little cheaper silverface super reverb?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Georgia"><font color="red"><br><b><u>FOR SALE</u></b><br>Bruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525<br>Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer</font></font></div>

For home use?

Comment

• hangwire
      hangwire commented
      Editing a comment

goodhonk wrote:
      For home use?

no silly... im relevant real deal holyfield. it would pair with my 1x15 acousticcontrolcorp combo

Super Reverbs switched from blackface to silverface in 67-68 I believe, if you can get a real deal blackface vintage super, I'd hit it in a heartbeat. Though you can't go wrong with either of those amps.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

U should get watever SRV would have used and like it! And An DOD old skool fx display should also be bot, its for sale!

Comment

• HP Hovercraft
        HP Hovercraft commented
        Editing a comment

Blackface Super Reverb!

What did srv use amp wise, I never cared, but I bet he could have used a juice box.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Georgia"><font color="red"><br><b><u>FOR SALE</u></b><br>Bruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525<br>Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer</font></font></div>

Comment

Dumbles, Fenders and Marshalls. Pretty sure he used both the Super Reverb and the Vibrolux with JBLs in it. Though I think instead of the 2x10 he was running a 1x15.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• Capt Beaver
          Capt Beaver commented
          Editing a comment
          2 super rev and one vibroverb

I'd go with the Super Reverb. Great amps! Yeah, they're a bit heavier and bulkier, but that's what dollies and casters were invented for.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

We don't need to talk about srv, I have no desire to know anything about him.

Comment

• goodhonk
            goodhonk commented
            Editing a comment

think the guys from television used supers, no?

hangwire wrote:

5 watt difference

2 more 10s

right now i could get an early 70 vibrolux or a 64 - 69 [cant exactly remember] blackface super reverb for about the same price [vibro cheaper] ... or look for a cheaper reissue super reverb or a little cheaper silverface super reverb?

I had a similar dilemma recently--trying to choose between a vibrolux and a super--went with a 68/69 Super Reverb (drip edge).  It has silver face looks but still has the blackface circuit.  I love it.  I still can't believe how much more I like the sound of that compared to my old hot rod deluxe.

good transactions: themeanreds, OnWingsOfLead, bass_econo, PumpkinPieces, meganutt7, Used666, mrweems, scoogs, TravvyBear, joeya, wiz-ski, conky

Comment

• V
            V commented
            Editing a comment

I love the current Vibrolux myself. Sounds fantastic every time i play it at the local music shop. Takes pedals well, too.

Id pick what sounds best with my specific pedals, has the better speakers, is cleanest aka in the best shape,, is loudest, sounds the trippiest,

Comment

Both great amps. If you're going to be playing loud and running pedals through it, I'd go with the Super. The B+ is run lower on the Vibrolux so you'll get some aggression and breakup at lower volumes.

Comment

• BG76
              BG76 commented
              Editing a comment

My first good amp was a drip edge Vibrolux. I have it and it still sounds great. I have a ton of amplifiers (old Fender, Marshall, Vox, etc... new Soldano, Fuchs, Mesa, /13, Bogner, etc....) and have owned a Dumble.

All those sound different but the Vibrolux is a great amp if you're playing out or at home. I always liked them a lot better then Deluxe Reverbs and Super Reverbs are a PITA to move IMHO when you compare them.

Some of the SF ones are actually BF models (the one I have is but I forget what the model number of those is). THat is what I would look for. YMMV.

Maybe it was the past brown ones- my friend still has one i should take a trip out by him and clarify.

And yes the "twin" aka fender 4 input system typically has 1 channel/side without effects... But on the reissued vibrolux the sides are voiced differently (again based off the brown 90s reissue memory)

Comment

• goodhonk
              goodhonk commented
              Editing a comment

will this be for bedroom jamming?

See answer to first time you asked this

Comment

• goodhonk
              goodhonk commented
              Editing a comment

will this be for band practice or playing in front of an audience?   is volume an issue?

Audience and practice space, honeypie

No volume restrictions

Comment

• goodhonk
              goodhonk commented
              Editing a comment

super, crank it.

About a month away- selling sone guitars I built over winter, but need to start painting this weekend before that an happen- which will find the amp

Comment

Working...
            X