best strat bridge pickup

• Members

so i love how strats play but every one i've owned the bridge pickup sounded really thin.  i always ended up putting a stacked humbucker in the bridge but then you lose your single coil to fuzz pedal relationship plus switching pickups just ends up sounding weird.  anyone have any recommendations for a replacement that has some nice body?  

• Members

I use Fralin Vintage Hots,  i think the treble pickup comes with what is called a Bass plate or is it Base Plate? Tomo Fujita turned me onto them at TGP back in the day.  Sonny Landreth is also a Fralin VH user, he has some good youtubes and also a good premeir guitar rig rundown with rebecca derps. or drips?  lol 

so yeah Vintage Hots,   I also had a Fender "class of '54" in my warmoth I think this was just as the Custom Shop was being born back in the day.  :idk:   I would like to try that in the bridge of something, I really shoud take a luthier class.  

my warmoth with fender neck, now has fralin blues specials ,  if memory serves , is a nice creamy pickup. ?? 

I also am reliant on my tone knobs, a real hidden world in those knobs , such a life saver!  I think my best strats have both TONE knobs working on all three pickups it seems.  

Archived