X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best strat bridge pickup

so i love how strats play but every one i've owned the bridge pickup sounded really thin.  i always ended up putting a stacked humbucker in the bridge but then you lose your single coil to fuzz pedal relationship plus switching pickups just ends up sounding weird.  anyone have any recommendations for a replacement that has some nice body?  

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://deadsoldiersTN.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">Dead Soldiers</a></div>

A chocolate one. Mmmmm.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• iamthearm
      iamthearm commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
      A chocolate one. Mmmmm.

hahahha i read that like Shiloh

I have no recommendations but i've always thought that having no tone for the bridge contributed to that problem. I usually run the bridge and middle together with the tone rolled off on the middle pickup a bit.

What pickup are you using now/looking at now?  

Comment

Wire a tone knob to the bridge. As for pickups, I like Fender CS '54 and the Rio Grande Muy Grande. The '54 still sounds straty with slightly more bite and thickness (especially with the tone rolled down to about 7.)
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

• alien
        alien commented
        Editing a comment

I use Fralin Vintage Hots,  i think the treble pickup comes with what is called a Bass plate or is it Base Plate? Tomo Fujita turned me onto them at TGP back in the day.  Sonny Landreth is also a Fralin VH user, he has some good youtubes and also a good premeir guitar rig rundown with rebecca derps. or drips?  lol 

so yeah Vintage Hots,   I also had a Fender "class of '54" in my warmoth I think this was just as the Custom Shop was being born back in the day.  :idk:   I would like to try that in the bridge of something, I really shoud take a luthier class.  

my warmoth with fender neck, now has fralin blues specials ,  if memory serves , is a nice creamy pickup. ?? 

I also am reliant on my tone knobs, a real hidden world in those knobs , such a life saver!  I think my best strats have both TONE knobs working on all three pickups it seems.  

Silly rabbits. Tone is in the booteek hand-wired point to point pedals not pickups!

Comment

• lefort_1
        lefort_1 commented
        Editing a comment

BHz_econo wrote:
        Silly rabbits. Tone is in the booteek hand-wired point to point pedals not pickups!

Keep your mind outta The Gutter Page.

Working...
    X