Lets talk about Snarling Dogs

Naterel

• Members

I had one of those Very Tone Dog pedals

the green ones were the V1 pedals, the V2 had bare metal with green dog face

it had a certain appeal, but I only found a couple of settings useful - surf setting and jazz setting - and it worked best with Humbuckers (to get a single coil sound) and not so good vice versa (with single coils to get a HB sound)

Snarling Dogs was one of those companies that built a reputation on the true bypass hype

:rolleyes:

• Members

Had a Wonder Wah 2. I liked the sound of it, but it was HUGE. Also, it got to where it wouldn't stay if i tried to leave it for half cocked wah sounds. I liked the sweep though. Might see if I can find another for cheap.
Also those Mold Spore pedals have gone through the roof in price

Considering i have a Mold Spore this is something i like to hear.

• Members

I wonder why they're so much more expensive than the Wonder Wah and Blue Bawls.

My guess is there are less ring modulator type pedals out there than wah and blues distortion types. Other than the DOD Gonkulator (another pedal you couldn't give away at the time) there wasn't another mass-produced pedal for ring mods that I can think of. The Moog, EHX and a couple of boutique builders. There might have been a model for it on the early digitech multi-effects units too.

While there are more ring mod pedals now (still not a ton) there were very few, cheap and mass produced type at that time.

• Members

I had a Bootzilla wah, and it sounded like a volcano throwing up in the best way. The build quality was poop, though.

yeah i borrowed on for a bit, it was cool...i had the tone dog. that was a varitone in a box, pretty cool.

i remember a store that had all of them, incl the spore, and they were always on sale and i didnt look, and then when i heard of the spore, they were gone..

• 8 months later...

Archived