Guess who just bought a Travis Bean?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Drag, I presume?

Southside in Brooklyn.
    MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

• one time i bought like, $30 worth of beef jerkey for a road trip. everyone else was like "dude youre dumb" but i knew. i knew...

600 miles later and everyone was just begging for a piece of that wonderful cured meat. but no, i was the dumb one, remember? youre gonna have to just dream about it and drool from the back seat. while i, the meat baron, ruled over the front seat with a fistful of teryaki delight. where is your god now? WHERE IS YOUR 7/11 ATTENDANT NOW?!
      Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• you are most certainly the meat baron
        I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

• long live the meat baron.

while i truly did take a nice bath on this purchase (if i keep it)--i do think in the long run TB's are a good investment. i'm not looking at it this way (since i do like these guitars and want one so i can play it)--but they are extremely rare (maybe around 2000 of them) and they aren't making any more of them.
          MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

• but they are extremely rare (maybe around 2000 of them) and they aren't making any more of them.

Yeah, I don't really keep on this stuff or know about it but what you paid seems like a decent price. Sure it sucks it was listed for around a grand less a while ago in that ebay listing, but considering EGCs are $2200 I don't think spending a little more than 33% of that price isn't justified for the "real" deal. I couldn't see spending that much on a guitar (just my opinion) however if you dig it, I don't really see a reason not to keep it.

Also, Buffalo 66 is an awesome movie. Ever heard of Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that shift themselves.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't really keep on this stuff or know about it but what you paid seems like a decent price. Sure it sucks it was listed for around a grand less a while ago in that ebay listing, but considering EGCs are $2200 I don't think spending a little more than 33% of that price isn't justified for the "real" deal. I couldn't see spending that much on a guitar (just my opinion) however if you dig it, I don't really see a reason not to keep it.

Also, Buffalo 66 is an awesome movie. Ever heard of Cadillac Eldorado? That's what I drive. I drive cars that shift themselves.

yeah, i really should've done more research. checking on the TB site that has pretty in-depth sales history--it's not insanely high. plus to tell the truth, even if i would've seen that ebay auction i would've passed on it. i would never buy anything that expensive from someone with 1 feedback on ebay. at least in this case it was from a store (with the ability to return it). if i send it back, i'll just be out the shipping.

NSFW--but an awesome scene:

[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Comment

• anyone here ever A/B a Travis Bean with a Kramer aluminum neck?

considering the price difference yet similarity between the two instruments, i'm surprised NO one has compared them.
                Near Grey

Comment

• If you can afford it, who gives a **************** how much you paid for it. Enjoy the new guitar, looks sweet!
                  MI AudioHandmade Guitar Pedals,... and Amps!| www.mieffects.com | www.miamplification.com | christian@miaudio.com |

Comment

• ho.lee.****************.

got it today and it sounds ****************ing fantastic. these are by far the most powerful pu's i've ever played though and they sound absolutely beautiful. at settings on my Hiwatt where every other guitar i have is clean, the Bean has got plenty of crunch. the best part is when you roll off the volume just a hair, it cleans up AND retains plenty of top end and clarity. it literally sounds like there's a SHO/treble booster built into the pu's. all 3 pu settings sound fantastic as well. no microphonics, even with a fuzz kicked in at high volume.

the neck is nice and fat--i'd describe it as a fat gibson neck down by the nut and a JM-ish neck in the upper fret range.

Comment

• Sweetness.
                      Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

• cool!
                        Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Sounds like a keeper! Congrats!
                            —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

• Glad you are digging it.
                              Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

• FYI -- in the September 2012 issue of Vintage Guitar Magazine, on page 59, an Ohio shop is asking $6,995 for a 1976 Travis Bean TB1000A.
                                Good Deals With: Onyxrhino, theshoegazer, NewarkWilder, fuzzyoctaves, dwelin128, decode6, joesef

Trusted HCFX-er: xtoby44x

Fullscale'd defined!

Comment

Working...
                                X