Canned Heat

• Members

When I was in college, Canned Heat was one of my favorite bands.  I always had a cut or two of theirs on my radio show.  They still sound awesomely good to me.  Managed to see them in NYC, circa 1975, with Bob Hite going absolutely nuts and the band just tearing the roof off of the joint (The Bottom Line).  One of the highest energy shows I've ever seen.

• Members

I have unfortunately have pretty bad memories of Canned Heat from when I was a kid.  The memories are so bad that it kinda  makes me have a Bad Trip if I just hear the name Canned Heat srS!!11 .

In 75-76 ish  I hung out at a Massive WaterPark in Cincy (Cincinnati, OhIo) also home of the Big RED Machine, (Im also a Bald Baddass Ginger like Phillip ;) wait is ginger bannable?)  :freak: 

So Im 9 im in the shcool rock band , im on the road all the time from Cincy to Cbus every other weekend :roll{censored}ingeyes:   A very famous Comedian sits next to me every day in school then(this is the year they launched SNL and MOrk from Ork( , I practice TV theme songs with the band a couple hours after school ,   then I sit on my Amp in the school Music room which is like 50 feet from my Uncles House where I stay after school ,  and repetitively Jam for hours with Trem on FULL StairWay to Heaven and Last child , Come Together aerosmith version,......Lifes Been Good...Take it Easy  LOL   etc etc,   

So in Columbus with My Mom my neighborhood Pool is the typical Apartment complex swimmers ear causing pool ,  when I go to my Dad the Dentists house in Cincy where he lives with a full on Country Rock band lol ( i had full stack Marshall Alarm Clocks at my Dads house)  My neighborhood Pool in Cincy is a Massive Water Park that is a defunct amusement Park I have pics of me riding the rides there as a two year old in psycadelic 60's kids clothes, 

So im on this Giant Water Slide like 5 stories in the Air and I'd say 50 yards away is a Massive BTO, CANNED HEAT outdoor concert , pretty much like ALTAMONT all over again,  

its like 100+ degrees in the shade im 9 years old wet looking down on this from a tower inside an amusement park.... all of a sudden kids in the concert start dropping like flies !  Like about Ten kids OD and get hauled out of this show on gourneys right in front of us , wow it was bad!!!  So yeah I pretty much have a bad Trip any time any one says the work CANNED HEAT !  the end

Archived