Someone stole my guitar pedal from my front door...selling it again on ebay.

The Coach

• Members

So I bought this Q-zone (christianatl'd) pedal a few weeks ago (Item Number: 130832302515), and it was delivered last monday. Only I never received it. Last night I found this for sale, also a KFK Q-zone (Item number: 281059470286) for sale in my small part of the word. Interesting.

What's even more interesting is that the serial numbers on the box is the same as the one ("AB04J948") from the auction I purchased the pedal from, and which I never received.

The auction I bought from: Dunlop Q-zone Legit Auction Photo

The Thief's auction: My Stolen Dunlop Q-zone for auction

I have already filed a police report, and at this point I just want the things I paid for. I lost four other packages this week as well, and although Amazon has already mailed replacements, I have a feeling this person is responsible for those missing as well. 

HCFX, avoid the ebayer 1970\_gremlin. They are a thief. If you find it worth your time, I'd appreciate any of you sending a message to this user, asking that they return my stolen items and to respond to my message.

Also, Nightraven and Bieke send me a pm regarding BOTB12. I can't access my old account and I can't figure out this 3.0 abomination to send you PMs myself.

• Members

The Coach wrote:

Also, Nightraven and Bieke send me a pm regarding BOTB12. I can't access my old account and I can't figure out this 3.0 abomination to send you PMs myself.

Hey, I've sent you an email a couple of weeks ago, perhaps it's in your spam folder ? Will resend and PM you later. And this Q-Zone situation sucks. I know the feeling, the last 2 ebay transactions, packages were sent but never made it over, ah well, the lost in the mail item thing is one thing, but this is something else ...

• Members

mpls pls! you're the one selling an opened macadood with no box! plus i wasnt born anytime near 1970!

i got no need for a qzone. now if it was a chorus...

but in all honesty im glad i live in a nice rich neighborhood where people arent likely to go dicking about with others' mail on their doorsteps, but even them im quite nervous when an expensive pedal is left out.

good thing you had a pic with teh serial number coach. this is why i always record down all my pedals serials regardless. never know what may happen

• Members

I just heard back from him, here's his response:

We run a pawn shop and buy and sell items. We send everything, every item we get into the police department and work very closely with them. All serial numbers, models, descriptions, who brought them in. If the pedal is stolen it is news to me! If you are missing one and know the serial number, let me know. Thanks.

• Members

bjcarl wrote:

We run a pawn shop and buy and sell items. We send everything, every item we get into the police department and work very closely with them. All serial numbers, models, descriptions, who brought them in. If the pedal is stolen it is news to me! If you are missing one and know the serial number, let me know. Thanks.

Man... am I good or what?????? :smileytongue:

• Members

bjcarl wrote:

That was my guess... Whoever stole it quickly turned it into cash in a pawn shop/cash converter, which is now selling it on. I'd be surprised if the shop was very far away from where the package was stolen (assuming it was even delivered to your door in the first place). So pay them a visit with a copy of the police report (I'd assume you need proof of the original eBay purchase, as well, to tie you to that specific pedal), and it should sort itself out. 

• 3 months later...

Archived