syncing tap tempo pedals...how

• Members

I have a tech21 Boost DLA tap tempo delay and am thinking about the empress tremolo which is also tap tempo....how can I sync them - like tap one and have it drive the other so they are both in perfect sync??

All I have found is this:

http://www.roadrageprogear.com/taptempo.html

but there is little to no info on how or even if it works.

anyone ever do this?

• Members

actually as I am finding out - both pedals need to have an external tap in jack - and the DD5 and DD7 from boss appear to be the only ones with this feature...pisser. so do any of you guys have more than one tap tempo mod pedal and if so how do you use both at the same time?

• Members

I've been working off and on a master tap tempo box using a LFO. Right now it uses a pot to control the speed instead of a tap tempo switch.

OK - thats makes some sense but how are you getting your mod effects (the ones you want to run in sync) to adhere to the LFO - or how do they "accept" that tempo without a "tap in" jack -

better yet could you describe your pedal setup with your "master tap tempo box using a LFO"

thanks

• Members

OK - thats makes some sense but how are you getting your mod effects (the ones you want to run in sync) to adhere to the LFO - or how do they "accept" that tempo without a "tap in" jack -

better yet could you describe your pedal setup with your "master tap tempo box using a LFO"

thanks

I have a PH-3 that has a tap tempo in, so thats how I'm syncing up the modulation.

• Members

I had a single tap tempo switch connected to two delays. I used a stereo jack, wired the tap tempo switch to connect both Ring and Tip together, then common ground. Left went to one delay, Right went to the other. Always in sync.

This would require than your pedals all require the same kind of switch. Some pedals like Normally-Open, some like Normally-Closed. If you have a mix, you'll need a momentary SPDT switch instead of a SPST, and wire up individual jacks accordingly. One box with multiple inputs all wired to the same switch. This would require that your pedals all have external tap tempo switches on them. Different pedals may be modded this way, others I don't know. Depends on the individual pedal.

• Members

what you'll have to do is switch the tap stomp on each pedal for a 1/4" jack, and then used an external tap connected to both.

also makes external tap pedals on the cheap (don't place a special order with him, cause those take FORever)

so what you are saying is that both tap pedals MUST be modded to accept an external tap tempo - that is what I figured - and I have no electronics saviness to do that - so oh well. Thanks guys

• Members

so what you are saying is that both tap pedals MUST be modded to accept an external tap tempo - that is what I figured - and I have no electronics saviness to do that - so oh well. Thanks guys

the tap tempo switch you have on each pedal is just two wires connected to a momentary switch.

all you're doing is connecting them to a 1/4" jack so both taps can be connected to a mutual momentary switch.

it's hardly electronics, just basic brute rewiring of both switches to the same switch. i'm certain you could find someone to do the work for you if you're not confident doing basic soldering.

and the mod is totally reversible since you're using the same hole, and nothing destructive is being done.

in brief you're just making an extension cable to the tap stomp... and then using the same tap stomp for both

• 1 year later...

Ryan Baucom wrote:

I just released a tap BPM sync pedal with presets. Check it out at

Tapestryaudio.com

Hi Ryan,

While I appreciate the fact that you searched for a relevant thread and then replied to it rather than starting a thread all your own to draw attention to your product, the fact that this was your first post makes it seem like spam. In fact, by our rules, it was.

Normally I don't mind if people respond to a thread to tell others about a product that they make that will solve their problem, but netiquette would suggest that you be a part of the community before doing so. It would have been nice if you had introduced yourself, let us get to know you a bit, etc. first before posting a business related post. For those who continually post nothing but stuff about their products, being banned from the site is normally what they can expect. Fair warning.

We have a spam thread, and we welcome new pedal announcements in there. Please read the first post of the spam thread before you post though, so you know the rules. If someone starts a thread about your pedal, you're welcome to reply.

As far as your pedal, it looks pretty cool, and definitely solves a problem some people have. If I may... I'd suggest more outputs (at least three instead of two), and maybe consider moving the BPM knob up further towards the display so it's out of harm's way from a potentially missed stomp at one of the footswitches.

Outside of that - it looks really cool. :)

Welcome to HC.

PKTrono wrote:

that wasn't anything against you phil. i just meant that these necro-bump-spam things have been happening a lot lately (no lithium insult being made :catcat: )!

No offense taken. :) But please let me know if you see something that you feel is crossing the line. I do appreciate it!

(For those who don't know how to report stuff on Lithium - in the upper right corner of the post, there's a drop-down "Options" menu - at the bottom of the drop down list is a "report Inappropriate content" link.  There's also a "report inappropriate content" link in the lower left hand corner of every post too.)

Archived