The best pedal of the new millenium?

Let's try something a bit different. :) What, in your opinion, was the absolute standout pedal release of the past 13 years? Anything released after Y2K qualifies. You can list a few if you're really having a hard time nailing it down to one absolute "best pedal", but that's what I'm looking for - your thoughts on the absolute "best" pedal that's been released within the past 13 years or so. The criteria you use to select "best" is entirely up to you, and if you'd like to share what went into your decision, that's cool too. :)

• Members

Hmm...I may have to go with the timeline.

1. Near Perfect DMM emmulation on which you can dial out the clock noise and have longer delay times

2. Awesome Tape emulation mode

3. Great plain old digital delay.

4. Awesome swell and reverse modes (especially after the patch released recently)

5. Lofi mode is awesome and can be used as a flanger/modulator/near realtime bitcrusher/filter with its super low minimum delay time of 2ms

6. Awesome sound quality/build quality/feature set.

7. Tons of other interesting weirder delays when appropriate

8. Smaller than the DMM it can emulate almost perfectly.

• Members

companyman wrote:

Flanger Hoax

This, or the Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai.

The Flanger Hoax because it is an inspiration machine - unpredictable, labyrinthine, esoteric, and wild, but also etheriel, colorful, and rich... qualities I like in music and art.

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai because it is sort of my swiss army knife pedal - convenient, has lots of tools I use all the time, reliable, but like the Hoax it is also not entirely utilitarian - it can go off into uncharted esoteric territory.

• Members

For ME i say MXR M-173 Classic 108 fuzz. This is the very first Fuzz I've found that actually works for me. With the Addition of the buffer button, your wah actually works like its supposed to placed before the fuzz. With a univibe before the wah, you have a classic Trower/Hendrix thing going. The cocked wah tones are killer! It won't break the bank account either.

• Members

I am in full agreement with F&EHX4ever, the Hoax is full of surprises, and I love my SMMH, the last one I owned had some issues, huge volume drop, so I sold it.... But I missed it so I picked up another and it doesn't have same issue, sounds great! I have been exploring the reverb sounds on it and am having a blast, great reverbs along with all of the other great sounds/looping.

Archived