Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best pedal of the new millenium?

Let's try something a bit different. What, in your opinion, was the absolute standout pedal release of the past 13 years? Anything released after Y2K qualifies. You can list a few if you're really having a hard time nailing it down to one absolute "best pedal", but that's what I'm looking for - your thoughts on the absolute "best" pedal that's been released within the past 13 years or so. The criteria you use to select "best" is entirely up to you, and if you'd like to share what went into your decision, that's cool too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Hmm...I may have to go with the timeline.

1. Near Perfect DMM emmulation on which you can dial out the clock noise and have longer delay times

2. Awesome Tape emulation mode

3. Great plain old digital delay.

4. Awesome swell and reverse modes (especially after the patch released recently)

5. Lofi mode is awesome and can be used as a flanger/modulator/near realtime bitcrusher/filter with its super low minimum delay time of 2ms

6. Awesome sound quality/build quality/feature set.

7. Tons of other interesting weirder delays when appropriate

8. Smaller than the DMM it can emulate almost perfectly.

www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Fuzz Factory.

There was no fuzzbox like it at the time.
      OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

• V
        V commented
        Editing a comment

seifukusha wrote:
        Fuzz Factory.

There was no fuzzbox like it at the time.

Also a good choice but I think it's from the 90s.

either the tu-1000 or the ehx signal pad

{O,O}
      (__(\
      " "

Comment

• TomVanDeven
        TomVanDeven commented
        Editing a comment

TU-1000 1000%

Based on the thread alone Phil. You know what I mean. 

• Phil O'Keefe
        Phil O'Keefe commented
        Editing a comment

Turd Furgison wrote:

either the tu-1000 or the ehx signal pad

Considering your love for oversized stuff (like your hat ), it's not surprising you'd mention the TU1000.

Big box POG kicked open a lot of doors and is just generally badass.

Founding father of the Fulldrive IIth Fairies

Comment

• Lou Speed's Alt
        Lou Speed's Alt commented
        Editing a comment

Alpha Drive. Bar none!

Srsly though I'd probably say HOG.

Flanger Hoax

Comment

• jw10
        jw10 commented
        Editing a comment
        OCD and its variants/clones were a huge thing.
        As far as what is the most common pedal it would be that.

• Fender&EHX4ever
        Fender&EHX4ever commented
        Editing a comment

companyman wrote:
        Flanger Hoax

This, or the Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai.

The Flanger Hoax because it is an inspiration machine - unpredictable, labyrinthine, esoteric, and wild, but also etheriel, colorful, and rich... qualities I like in music and art.

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai because it is sort of my swiss army knife pedal - convenient, has lots of tools I use all the time, reliable, but like the Hoax it is also not entirely utilitarian - it can go off into uncharted esoteric territory.

For me the Original COT 50.
      Changed the way I play my rig. Simple, solid and musical.

Comment

• alien
        alien commented
        Editing a comment
        TZF. Castledine Supra Vibe for me, TZF hard to beat tho.

For ME i say MXR M-173 Classic 108 fuzz. This is the very first Fuzz I've found that actually works for me. With the Addition of the buffer button, your wah actually works like its supposed to placed before the fuzz. With a univibe before the wah, you have a classic Trower/Hendrix thing going. The cocked wah tones are killer! It won't break the bank account either.

Guitars, pedals & Amps

Comment

• Gremson
        Gremson commented
        Editing a comment

As many answers as there are posters....

I am in full agreement with F&EHX4ever, the Hoax is full of surprises, and I love my SMMH, the last one I owned had some issues, huge volume drop, so I sold it.... But I missed it so I picked up another and it doesn't have same issue, sounds great! I have been exploring the reverb sounds on it and am having a blast, great reverbs along with all of the other great sounds/looping.

Comment

Bump for more opinions.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• alien
          alien commented
          Editing a comment

SHOULD BE BOOTEEK AND ANALOG PEDALS ONLY CUZ THE OTHER KINDS DONT COUNT.   SRSLY

Working...
      X