New Emoticons Coming Soon?

nomenclature wrote:

thank god, I was afraid they'd do something useful like finally allow proper posting when on a mobile device or lift the censorship/stop alienating the remaining posters. dodged a bullet there.

The mobile device related issues are a Lithium problem. They're supposedly releasing a new and improved mobile interface sometime in Q3 of this year.

As far as the censorship, that came down from on high from the site owners.

While it's not the end of the stuff that needs to be fixed or improved (we also want / will be getting multiquote back, and various other things), don't underestimate the importance of the emoticons. I've probably seen as many complaints about that as anything else - it obviously matters to a lot of people.

What we wanted was the vB ones. I researched that myself, and unfortunately, their site says they won't license them to anyone for anything outside of use with vB. I told Dendy that, and gave him some suggestions on places where he could find various emoticon packages that could be licensed, and I believe he did quite a bit more looking into that on his own. Ultimately, he picked the new bundle, and considering the constraints that he had to work with (some that we wanted are just not available), I think he did a good job, and I think people will be pleased. There's certainly a lot of them.

• Members

haha!!!

nomenclature wrote:

thank god, I was afraid they'd do something useful like finally allow proper posting when on a mobile device or lift the censorship/stop alienating the remaining posters. dodged a bullet there.

Archived