How did you like this pedal?

bluesmann

• Members

hangwire wrote:

You guys are missing commentary about your expensive rehoused and minimally tweaked to expand number if products to sell line of $20-40 of guts

I orignally bought both mine Because of the pink Floyd Graphics and i heard they were tweaked to get those sounds on DSOTM and Animals. I collect keepers. I don't care if its 20 dollars in parts. I could probably do the same thing with a BC108 and a EQ pedal but I wouldn't have the kool graphics plus he's done all the tweaking for you.

• Members

Andrew, plz to be getting off the CaresNothingAboutMakingALiving.

Hell, I've got NOTHING but knowledge, professionalism, and clinical expertise to offer. Yet a crown that costs the lab only $100-something (gold = "parts") to make costs the consumer a grand. Why? Because it is worth that much.

Go out, start your own business, develop a loyal clientele, invest thousands of hours beyond just "producing the product", actually give some decent customer service above-and-beyond what is listed on the warrantee,  deal with all the paperwork/payroll/federal rules/regs and the IRS...and go and tell me you aren't looking to establish a reasonable profit margin... the market will determine if its too much or not.

Sheesh!

$20 of parts (which, btw barely covers to enclosure, knobs, 2P3T switch and jacks) + a guys knowedlge to put together a STABLE circuit that works across a wide range of inputs/impedances, and all that other stuff listed above. There's a fooktonne more than soldering involved.

Yeah: if you live in the USA (w/our onshore overhead), if you've got any self-respect, if you've got the concept of a continuing business in mind, if you're not a home-hack DIY'er like me...then Yeah, you'd probably be charging about the same as Marc, Nic, Jack, Brad, and all the other 'small makers'.  

Get off it!

/ loves Andrew but dammit this whiney stuff is getting on my nerves.

• Members

hangwire wrote:

Loves lefort back but the post above his makes me want to vomit... Pretty graphics and I don't have to do all that hard thinking... **** baby...

Really liked the pretty light when you turn on the pedal too. The paint job does have some orange peal tho.

Spoiler
:smiley-angry048:

• Members

hangwire wrote:

No problem, ill buy a super reverb for less and sound better than you

You must be young. its not about who's the best or sounds the best. Its about you finding your tone and getting the most out of what you have to work with. Its not about the money its about the music and sharing what you do with others. Musicians i see as a different breed of people all trying to find their way. I do the best i can and I'm always looking for ways to better my abilities and good gear is just the tool we use. That doesn't always mean expenisive. I'm not into the I'm better than you BS that's childish and stupid just like the no brain Pee Pee forever man

Archived