Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried or owned this distortion pedal before??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone tried or owned this distortion pedal before??


    Ive tried this pedal back years ago when I was first getting into guitar and remember that I loved it and I was wondering if anyone else had tried it to reassure my lack of guitar experience in case I run across one, Ive looked it up and found out it is called: KORG DST 3 (ive seen it under DST 1 too)

  • #2
    I have 2 of those Korg "Hard Distortion" DST-3 pedals and they sound great.

    The DST-1 is a different pedal labeled "Distortion". I have been looking for a DST-1 for years.

    The OVD-1 Overdrive from the same series is one of the best OD pedals I've used. The HC reviews are right. It's a real sleeper.

    The TNB-1 Tone Booster is also cool.

    Comment


    • Knitdeath
      Knitdeath commented
      Editing a comment

      I have a korg dst 1 for sale its mint condition, i want it to go to someone on here that can respect how rare and awsome this pedal is. i dont want to sell it on ebay.


  • #3
    what other popular pedal would you compare this too? as far as sound similarities?

    Comment


    • #4
      I would say it's like a ToneBone Hot British in a way, much less flexible but the quality of the crunch is there.

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by 66_skylark
        I have 2 of those Korg "Hard Distortion" DST-3 pedals and they sound great.

        The DST-1 is a different pedal labeled "Distortion". I have been looking for a DST-1 for years.

        The OVD-1 Overdrive from the same series is one of the best OD pedals I've used. The HC reviews are right. It's a real sleeper.

        The TNB-1 Tone Booster is also cool.


        i had the para eq and the flanger from that series. the flanger feedsback on itself and lets u tune it a bit, like the yamaha. i suspect theyre from the same factory..yjr para was eh...
        OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

        Comment


        • #6
          ive never tried that pedal tonebone british maybe what Boss pedal??? what amp and guitar you use it through?

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by thepoisonchef
            ive never tried that pedal tonebone british maybe what Boss pedal??? what amp and guitar you use it through?


            Gibson Les Paul with various low wattage tube amps from the 60's, usually a 1966 Gibson Skylark or 2 cranked.

            I have never used a Boss pedal that sounds anything like the Korg DST 3.

            Comment


            • #8
              LOL ok thx how about selling me one of your KORG DST3 pedals? I dont have a penny but how about you mail it to me and i'll pay you back?

              Comment


              • #9
                Originally posted by thepoisonchef
                LOL ok thx how about selling me one of your KORG DST3 pedals? I dont have a penny but how about you mail it to me and i'll pay you back?


                Ouch, he's just jumping right into it, isn't he? You may as well just ask Sky Lark to marry you while you're at it.

                Comment


                • #10
                  Just stop.
                  Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

                  Comment


                  • V
                    V commented
                    Editing a comment

                    We have a spam thread for this type of thing. You should post it there.



                Working...
                X