the belgian mini HC meeting REPORT

bieke

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so at 1pm, we got together in front of the Leuven train station, and we were going to visit Lord Bizarre at 14h30, so we decided to have a Stella first

We were close to a place called "Den Ouden Tijd", a 24/7 place where I recorded a video with my previous band ...

• Members

2770.jpg

Sir HC brought a succulent selection of his vintage dirt pedals, a ROSAC distortion blender, a MAESTRO FZ-1, a rare VOX distortion, a SEKOVA fuzz and ...

the prototype of the Haunting Mids pedal

• Members

after we had a couple of beers, it was time to go to Lord Bizarre ...

during our march, we briefly stopped at the local music store to check out some ZVex pedals, and then to Lordbizarre's museum, his lordship would show us his collection of weird and wonderful guitars

• Members

these old guitars used DIN plugs, Lord Bizarre told us that german manufacturers were only allowed to use the german standard DIN plugs, DIN stands for Deutsche Industrie Norm, and that eastern european and soviet guitars also used this standard

• Members

on the stairs, I couldn't help noticing a couple of unloved pedals, I paused a moment to pay some respect to these artefacts, but Discofreq assured me that I would get to see enough of these PUE pedals later on

2783.jpg

• Members

on the stairs, I couldn't help noticing a couple of unloved pedals, I paused a moment to pay some respect to these artefacts, but Discofreq assured me that I would get to see enough of these PUE pedals later on

2783.jpg

Which reminds me, you didn't test the PUE Small Phaser yet :D

• Members

also on the stairs, there was the rare EKO Multitone pedal

this one needs to be fixed, and it at least was moved three steps up since my last visit

(Lordbizarre's workbench is on the first floor)

2788.jpg

• Members

I need to save that pedal from retirement
:)

well, I think it's actually not from LordBizarre's collection, he once told me it was given to him for repair, but that was a year ago (perhaps it is added to the collection meanwhile)

I also had to be very patient when his Lordship was servicing my Dynacord DA-15 amp, in fact, on his site it still says he's working on it (I've had it back for a year now and it works great, the whole vibrato circuit was cut out of the circuitry, but he promised me he could fix it, and he did deliver).

Since then, he also did great repairs on my beloved Farfisa amp and my Dynacord Tube Tape Echo.

Archived