No announcement yet.

I Want A Firebird

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want A Firebird

But mostly for cleanish/folky music - discuss!

FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

I've always thought they were really cool guitars. Probably my favorite Gibson model.
    http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Had an Epi Firebird VII, I loved that guitar so much, killer pickups and really dug the vibrola tailpiece!

Comment

• lefort_1
        lefort_1 commented
        Editing a comment

I used to have an early 80's  Burney VII. Really nice, but I never quite came to grips with the neck. It had some of the best mini-hums I've ever heard.

My Gibson NR '67 Firebird  w/P90's is, otoh, one of the few guitars that'll I'll never consider selling.

Firebirds look gorgeous. I'd love one in tobacco burst with mini hums. MMMMMMM.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• alien
        alien commented
        Editing a comment
        Imlike the basses, my bud has an Og 58 firebird guitar though, i need to play that i think!!

RAWK!

Attached Files
      FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

• Lou Speed's Alt
        Lou Speed's Alt commented
        Editing a comment
        non-reverse firebirds = :catinfatuated:

Drool

Comment

• Texas Noise Factory
        Editing a comment
        I'd post a pic but iPad.

• lefort_1
        lefort_1 commented
        Editing a comment

companyman wrote:
        Drool

If you are ever out on the West Coast, gimme a call.  I'll dig a path back to it in the music room and crank up the Derby.

10 year player here...orville by gibson in tobacco
      OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Right on sir.

Comment

• zinzin
          zinzin commented
          Editing a comment

i am selling my '95 epi firebird right now! please buy it! i ain't got a use for it anymore - have enough other guitars ...IMG\_0328.jpg

Attached Files

npfrs wrote:

If you like the way the guitar sounds and plays, then I personally don't think there is any problem with using it for whatever style of music you are interested in playing. True, I can't imagine a lot of Country (or P&W ) players opting for a BC Rich Bitch or Warlock - there are probably some audience expectations you need to consider... but Ted Nugent used a hollowbody for rock, Mike Stern and Ed Bickert used Telecasters to play Jazz, and Frank Reckard used a B-Bender equipped Les Paul Jr. to play Country with Emmylou Harris for years. I don't get too caught up with the whole "imaging" thing - if you like the way a Firebird plays, and the sound fits your musical vision, then that is all that really matters IMO.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• npfrs
          npfrs commented
          Editing a comment

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

npfrs wrote:

If you like the way the guitar sounds and plays, then I personally don't think there is any problem with using it for whatever style of music you are interested in playing. True, I can't imagine a lot of Country (or P&W ) players opting for a BC Rich Bitch or Warlock - there are probably some audience expectations you need to consider... but Ted Nugent used a hollowbody for rock, Mike Stern and Ed Bickert used Telecasters to play Jazz, and Frank Reckard used a B-Bender equipped Les Paul Jr. to play Country with Emmylou Harris for years. I don't get too caught up with the whole "imaging" thing - if you like the way a Firebird plays, and the sound fits your musical vision, then that

This has got me thinking about other examples of guitarist playing guitars that aren't necessarily the go-to for their style. Off the top of my head I thought Jeff Magnum using a P90 equipped hollowbody for NMH. Other than that, I'm open to more suggestions?

Working...
      X