new fuzz

• Members

so i am searching for a new fuzz. just trying to get some new flavors for riffage. i have a soul bender big box that i love but i sort of want another type. i was thinking of the 70 big box so that i could get that snarly spitty fuzz sound like on qotsa's sick sick sick. i also sorta wanted either the blackout effectors crystal dagger bc its got all the other goodies and a sweet fuzz (way different sound obviously) or a blunderbuss fuzz bc i could potentially dial in some neat sounds. but for the money, i definitely want a good live fuzz that still sounds different enough to be worth it to keep on my pedalboard next to my bread and butter soul bender. amps always cranked live and i hear (from experience and reviews) that fulltones are great in this department.

basically then, is the fulltone 70 a good investment? or would say a blackout effectors be better for the variety?

i have a bad cat kool cat 40, i use phat cat "p90s," and were a very riffy band thats sort of all over the place if anyone has suggestions. thanks!

• Members

the Fuzz God II was my first "non muff style" fuzz and it is after many years till on my board. it is a fun pedal...

great simple/vintage fuzz face toans beside great computer lo-fi 8bit feedback stuff like muse + much more.

great on choards and also for some solo wanking.

For me, a Fuzz Face type circuit, plus a Tone Bender, and a Big Muff of some sort would be the Big Three insofar as fuzz pedals go.

If you're looking for versatility, something like the Fuzz Factory would make a lot of sense. Another one I really think is quite versatile is the Lovetone Big Cheese - but they go for Big Bucks. The OLC Chunky Cheese is a very good clone / alternative to the hard to find / discontinued originals.

• Members

a univox type clone sounds pretty sweet. ima check out that watson.

have a russian muff (newer one) and its super usuable, just kinda boring because its so much of a "dial in that one good sound" type pedal. although i think a fulltone would be the upgraded version of that. and im ok with that. the trifecta seems super duper. also thought maybe ill just go for the perseus suboctave. i had an octave up once. sucked. dont know if im ready for another yet....

but ill just start wasting my life away on more fuzz.....here we go!

• 1 month later...

Archived