Anyone Ever Mod a Digitech Death Metal

dunks555

• Members

I have a digitech Death Metal pedal...i was thinking...can I mod this? I want to make it better sounding (ie. less grainy, less background noise, and if its not true bypass then make it true bypass) so anyone want to say anything...

• Members

Did Digitech just repackage the DOD pedal or did they actually make some changes to it's craptastic design? And for that matter, is DOD still in business and making new pedals:confused:?

• Members

I still have an old DOD Death Metal.

My brother paid like $100 for it, and I eventually just kind of .. took it from him..

he doesnt play anymore :o

I can get a decent metallica sound out of it, but its true what they say, they turned the gain to 11 and ripped the knob off.. it picks up every little nuance, might not be bad with a noise gate.

• Members

I like my Digitech Death Metal - it does exactly what it's supposed to do, and was very inexpensive. The name of the pedal says it all! Also, the 3-band EQ is one of the most responsive I seen, really helping to achieve different tones. Raging, high-gain tones, yes, but quite different sounding nevertheless. I can get that razor-sharp late 80's Exodus tone, or today's super-thick stuff... :thu:

• 6 years later...
  • Members

JRR Rob wrote:

Hi, what kind of stuff were you looking to purchase?  I can get you some screamin' deals on a lot of different kinds of equipment.  Hit me up!

I wonder how many people have actually received deals that screamed. Just shrieking like a lost fawn in a department store. 

Because if they're not those kind of deals, I don't think anyone will want them brother. 

:o

• Members

JRR Rob wrote:

Hi, what kind of stuff were you looking to purchase?  I can get you some screamin' deals on a lot of different kinds of equipment.  Hit me up!

You probably shouldn't hold your breath waiting for the guy who hasn't posted in seven years to hit you up about a screaming deal.

Archived