Nirvana VS. Pearl Jam

fuzzface71

• Members

The Pixies vs. Nirvana thread is a nice try, but IMO this is a better match up. ;)

(It's like comparing father to son) :)

The both came out almost at the same time and pretty much influenced the music industry for the last 10-15 years. How many Nirvana and Pearl Jam clones have we seen in the last 15 years?! Fashion, music, etc..

It coined the word "Grunge".

B00065XJ4S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

pearl-jam_lo.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by TigerInATrance

Pearl Jam.

Hands down.

As a band they are briliant together... And far better musicianship than Nirvana. I even much prefer Pearl Jam's songwriting to Kurt Cobain's.

+1

One of the best show's I've been to was the Pearl Jam Binaural tour. They just seem to get better and better too.

• Members

When both bands came out, they equally influenced me. And I both love them both, equally. If Kurt have lived longer for me to hate albums he made, then that would be a different story.

Pearl Jam stayed long enough, for me to get sick of them. I stopped buying PJ albums after No Code. Got Yield for a few days, then brought it back to the store.

The "Temple Of The Dog" cd IMO, is the best PJ cd ;)

• Members

Nirvana all the way. They were one of the reasons I picked up a guitar, and to this day I'll sit down and play some of their songs every once in a while. I never play Pearl Jam songs anymore, not even the venerable Yellow Ledbetter.

Thats not to say I don't love Pearl Jam, Vs. is still on of my favorite albums, but I still get into a big Nirvana kick several times a year.

• Members

ha ha, another vs. thread to start the day off right!

i was infatuated with pearl jam, which pisses me off now because now that i'm older i realize how much of a bunch of posers they are. this being said my musical life was overshadowed by them for a long time. thankfully i have discovered more than i could have imagined thanks to the internet and friends. i would say that nirvana will be remembered as THE band from the nineties. pearl jam are a bunch of wankers, the only gerat thing they kind of did was Temple of the Dog, that album still rings true to me til this day, of course Chris Cornell was at his prime back then to, i mean "Seasons" off the singles soudntrack was one of the best songs ever......

• Members

after the first two pearl jam albums, they went downhill. vitalogy had some good songs, but nirvana takes the cake. one of my favourite bands and in utero is one of my favourite albums as well.

the temple of the dog cd was a major let down, only had a few good songs.

green river was better and had the dudes from pj plus mark arm before pj.

• Members
Originally posted by clayton explode

the temple of the dog cd was a major let down, only had a few good songs.

green river was better and had the dudes from pj plus mark arm before pj.

I hated that Green River cd. And love the TOTD cd.
Mother Love Bone also rocks! :)

Archived