OT - The Internet in 1995

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

I thought this was pretty interesting. 1995 doesn't seem like that long ago, but OTOH, it was nearly 20 years ago... that's long enough that some of you probably don't remember it, but there was actually an Internet back then, and it was a far cry from what we have today...

damn, that was before i was even born.

sometimes my dad talks about the old days when people lived in geocities and geosuburbs, it sounded like crazy times.

• Members

Everyone should just Boycott The Internet! I need to buy my third PC laptop its my 4th computer since 95!
O
All three computers died for same reason, power cord jack failure, third one was also that but ad in acute Blunt Trauma. All three laptops failed for a part thats prolly under Ten Dollars, cause of labor etc its prolly still cheaper to just buy a new puter that will do Ten Times what the old puter did that cost twice as much as the newer better computer???

But if everyone gets fed up, and they are; me included! I dont think it would be too hard to boycott the internet, TV, buying new phones computers and cars, etc etc just boycott it do without show em who really runs this show

• Members

I first used the internet in '96 through work, and had my own home computer in '97. Using dialup was always a bad idea, because no-one else could use the phone and it pushed the bill up. And as for download rates..... If only I could afford a 33K modem!

But I regret that website development went the way it did, with lots of guff instead of staying plain, simple and as small as possible to keep download times to a minimum.

Archived