Whats your favorite Nirvana song?

jcn37203

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by VicShat

dude, dont even get me started. i have over 30 nirvana CDs. i think my favorite song would have to be "Everything and Nothing", also called "sappy", and called something else on the new box set thing.

yeah sappy is key!

How about: i hate myself and want to die, verse chorus verse.

• Members

Originally posted by grunge-rock

yeah sappy is key!

How about: i hate myself and want to die, verse chorus verse.

i think there were like 4 songs called verse/chorus/verse at some point. including sappy/everything and nothing.

• Members

lithium.

i'm also a sucker for aneurysm, too.

but lithium's the one that i will always, always love. (if only i hadn't heard matthew sweet cover it acoustically a while back, which made it sound like my dad doing it; i love matt sweet almost as much as i love my dad, but i didn't need to hear someone who sounded like them singing that song)...

• Members

There's sort of a weird thing about Nirvana.

Especially if you were old enough to be a music snob when they were big.

As a rule, music snobs shun the mainstream as sell out crap, and seek the obscure, under the impression that the true talent is incomprehensible by the masses, and thus exists only in the shadows.

So I remember the way Nirvana was slammed by the music snobs of the day, meanwhile more obscure bands of the time were held up to the light as superior.

Dinosaur Junior, I remember, being one of them. I remember a lot of people telling me that DJ was so much better than Nirvana. Though I never really got in to Dino that much, I just sort of accepted that it was the opinion of those who were "in the know" or whatever.

But now, over a decade later, it seems obvious that with Nirvana, the mainstream actually got it right for a change.

And with disasterous results.

So maybe it really is better for everyone involved if the artists stay out of the spotlight.

• Members
Originally posted by digital

the whole "bleach" album... what a great album... never cared much for "nevermind"... "in utero" was better...

Dude, my old band used to have a {censored}ing blast playing Negative Creep.

Thats like the only song I can think of where the sloppier you play it, the better it sounds. You can actually play it while falling backwards on to a drum set without screwing it up.

:)

Archived