Praise and Worship Music?

• Members

all jokes aside please.

what is the quint essential of this "genre"? i dont see it as a genre... it is just some dreamy pop, sometimes rock and the band members are clean-living players baptized who like to rock churches?

or what?

so who can tell me more about the music - which style is that, what are the common scales etc.

Gospel-music is a genre for sure where a bunch of good soul singers act together - its nice...

but for real? makes the place where you play music and the lyrics a own genre?

maybe i never heard P&W stuff, but it is simple pop music.

lets talk about!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I'm about to go play some! If you are talking P&W at a church service, I consider that different than just Christian music. But like anything else there is variations in the genre.

Here is our set today -

Freedom is Here - Hillsong
Filled With Your Glory - Starfield
Holy - Matt Redman
Fire Fall Down - Hillsong

we would be considered contemporary but even in that term it ranges.

Check out -
Hillsong
Jesus Culture
Matt Redman
Tim Hughes
Chris Tomlin

• Members

I am a fairly religious person and I am tolerant of people with different thoughts.

Most of the p&w well known bands seem to be selling to a fan base that may like their music but is buying the message. Kind of like how I knew a lot of lesbians who felt obligated to be indigo girls fans or my Irish relatives buy U2 records. Some like the music but tend to be fans for a variety of reasons. I can kind of understand it but it is weird to me.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

goodhonk wrote:

Matthew 18:3

Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I love playing this game:

First you must start with good ol' Matthew 5:18, you know the one, about how not one iota or tittle of the old laws of Moses shall be neglected.  Then move onto the good stuff. 

Archived