Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise and Worship Music?

all jokes aside please.

what is the quint essential of this "genre"? i dont see it as a genre... it is just some dreamy pop, sometimes rock and the band members are clean-living players baptized who like to rock churches?

or what?

so who can tell me more about the music - which style is that, what are the common scales etc.

Gospel-music is a genre for sure where a bunch of good soul singers act together - its nice...

but for real? makes the place where you play music and the lyrics a own genre?

maybe i never heard P&W stuff, but it is simple pop music.

lets talk about!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Good Deals with</b>: <font color="darkslategray">CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, <b>Kayzer</b>, kpd78, <b>Neoflox</b>, Sikor, <b>SilenceSketches, Snufkino</b> a. WAWBanks... !!</font></font><br></div><br><br>&quot;Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in.&quot;

Well I'm about to go play some! If you are talking P&W at a church service, I consider that different than just Christian music. But like anything else there is variations in the genre.

Here is our set today -

Freedom is Here - Hillsong
    Filled With Your Glory - Starfield
    Holy - Matt Redman
    Fire Fall Down - Hillsong

we would be considered contemporary but even in that term it ranges.

Check out -
    Hillsong
    Jesus Culture
    Matt Redman
    Tim Hughes
    Chris Tomlin

Comment

• sparkfriction
      sparkfriction commented
      Editing a comment

thanks for the input James. i ask because i read so foten about it but dont understand it...

Sweet mother****************ing Jesus. That's what it's about.

All the lyrics are about sliding throbbing members down the lords gullet. They LOVE him, you know?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• sparkfriction
      sparkfriction commented
      Editing a comment

• BrentMpls
      BrentMpls commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
      Sweet mother****************ing Jesus. That's what it's about.

All the lyrics are about sliding throbbing members down the lords gullet. They LOVE him, you know?

You've got some pent up anger. 

That's racist

Comment

• ispunk
      ispunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is SAL when you need him?

whoop
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

David Koresh played p&w. I actually had the chance to buy a Carvin he had with the White House going up in flames.

Comment

I am a fairly religious person and I am tolerant of people with different thoughts.

Most of the p&w well known bands seem to be selling to a fan base that may like their music but is buying the message. Kind of like how I knew a lot of lesbians who felt obligated to be indigo girls fans or my Irish relatives buy U2 records. Some like the music but tend to be fans for a variety of reasons. I can kind of understand it but it is weird to me.

Comment

in after eti
          nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Matthew 18:3
            Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Comment

• Player99
              Player99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Goodhonk TGP
              Then he said,"If thoust is listening to Klon demo one must remember to turn computer speakers up to the edge of breakup."

• boytbpc
              boytbpc commented
              Editing a comment

goodhonk wrote:
              Matthew 18:3
              Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I love playing this game:

First you must start with good ol' Matthew 5:18, you know the one, about how not one iota or tittle of the old laws of Moses shall be neglected.  Then move onto the good stuff. 

Working...
          X