Fender Classic Player Cabronita Telecaster Thinline review

• Members

Kinda nice.

By any chance, are the humbuckers splittable? I mean, are they 4 wire or 2? I'n not expecting much from a splittable hum, but it is nice when that mod is available...or when the pickups come on the AfterSwap market.

Hey Doc, thanks for checking it out. Unfortunately, I don't believe the stock Fideli-trons are splittable. Here's a look inside the control cavity route - from what I can see, it doesn't look like there are separate wires for the individual coils, but I'll try to open 'er up again tomorrow and will double-check that for you.

Control cavity.JPG

• Members

Nice review Phil, but wasn't it Seth Lover that did the Fender Wide Range? He's the same guy that did Gibson's PAF (oddly Ray Butt's Filtertron was awaiting a patent and was called the same thing initially). Are you getting your Les Paul development story mixed up with this one?

Mr. Mel Cooley wrote:

Nice review Phil, but wasn't it Seth Lover that did the Fender Wide Range? He's the same guy that did Gibson's PAF (oddly Ray Butt's Filtertron was awaiting a patent and was called the same thing initially). Are you getting your Les Paul development story mixed up with this one?

I had Ted on the brain due to another thing I'm working on. You are indeed correct - it was Seth Lover that designed the WRHB for Fender... who he went to work for after leaving Gibson.

Thanks for pointing out my error - it has been fixed. :o

Archived