Any Barber Electronics Fans?

Player99

• Members

I really  like the Burn Unit and the Tone Pump.

Here is a quote froom Dave Barber about his pedals:

"We know everybody wants this one, the hold-up is the internal parts count (I'm trying to stay thru-hole and solder lugs). We have seen so many Tone Press clones in the past few years since the Tone Press established the market for parallel compressors back in 2002. The clones have predictably gotten it wrong (often too bright), even substituting a switch for the sustain control in the name of making pedals much smaller than any human foot. This is why I call the toddler sized pedals "fashion", there is not much reason for supererogatory-shrinking, especially when you are using tiny plastic volume knobs and subbing switches for a continuous control in the place where a continuous control is most crucial. I don't want to make any of the mistakes in the name of quick cash. There really is no point in making a tiny TP that will get a lot of hype, lead to a bunch of 2013 sales, but then players will realize they can

• Members

I love the Launch Pad... I'm not sure why you'd get anyother booster pedal to be honest with you. It just does so damn much. That being said, it is awesome for "tube cooking". I do have a question for all you pedalheads though. It is buffered and I generally leave it on at all times with my amps because it gives a fantastic 3d presence to all my amps. Is the buffer only working while the pedal is on? Or can I assume it's still boosting my signal while off but still in the chain?

Archived